Part 7

Noon has arrived.

Though its usually a choice given to the people to come see an execution, King's orders force everyone 16 and older to attend this time and all are gathered in the middle of the city around a large platform in all four directions. Zayn is standing in front of them, next to kimball, naked and exposed. His hands are bound behind his back with rope so he can't even cover over his private area. Every mark Harry left on him the night before is visible.

Because of the direction he is facing, he can see his mother and father in the front right where Harry told them to be and they are both crying. He feels like he did this to them. He is causing them suffering and pain.

"I'm sorry." he mouths. And his mother tells him "it's okay" and that she still loves him. But no, he's not sorry for loving another boy. He's sorry for loving Harry. Because it just wasn't worth it. Loving the Prince wasn't worth it. How could Harry do this to him? He promised and gave him his word. But Zayn was stupid enough to let Harry trick him... again.

A sound of a horn plays a musical tone and everyone around the platform falls deathly silent. Up comes King Des, Queen Anne and Prince Harry, all led and followed by two guards, and they sit in chairs cornered at the end of the platform. Three army men who are designated to be executioners, come up next to take Zayn from Kimball who addresses everyone.

"Ladies and gentleman! Thank you for attending this event of which King Des portrays as one of the most memorable days of your lives! It is not often that a man or woman is executed rather than punished, but that day has indeed arrived again! Today, our King has chosen to take the lead in this, so therefore without further ado, I give you King Des!" He steps out of the way and kneels and everyone standing around the platform bows.

"Thank you." King Des says to Kimball as everyone rises to their feet. "I did not want to have to do this! But this boy leaves me no choice!" he announces. And Prince Harry shakes his head because he knows his father is lying and that he is eager to hurt Zayn. "I know you're wondering why we are even here today! Well, this boy has committed not one, but two crimes that both warrant death!

"Therefore, the two charges brought against him is that he submitted himself to a homosexual relationship, and he had unlawful intercourse preceding marriage with another male! So I ask that as you look on, you do not merely see a seventeen year old boy, for he is much more than that! He is an equivocator, and a disobedient criminal! Let his humiliation and the loss of his life serve as a warning! Do not break the laws! Or you will without a doubt, suffer the consequences!" He leans sideways and wispers to one of the three men.

When Harry sees this, he fidgets in his seat. At first he was going to wait a little longer before he cut in. But now after hearing what his father has just said, this seams like the perfect time and he can't take it anymore. So he stands. "But that's not really true, is it?! A person who breaks the law is only made to suffer the consequences if he is not the King's son... Right Father?!"

Murmurs begin to take over and everyone is wondering what the Prince could be alluding to.

"Prince Harry, please have a seat and I will deal with you later." he scowls.

"No, I will not have a seat. And you cannot make me. Not this time. I'm sorry that I have to say this but my father is not telling you all the truth!" He faces the crowd and begins to speak loudly so everyone can hear. "He is only giving you half of it and you should not be lied to like this!"

"He is guilty!" the King defends. "I have not lied! I just stood before you all and told you his charges!"

"And he is right about them both! But we are all forgetting one important thing that is never missing from something like this! Where is his partner? Why is he not here beside him or dying right along with him like the previous cases?! I'll tell you why!"