Part 3

When Harry gets to his room, he lies awake in his bed. He questions everything he's ever grown up learning about royalty. This doesn't feel much like royalty because aren't royal ones allowed to have what they want? If the answer is yes, then why can't he have Zayn?

Thinking of that question makes him feel so bad. Because he only thinks about the last image of Zayn's face that he'd seen. He knows he cried as he ran out and he may still be crying right now. But he wishes he could tell him it will be alright. He wishes he could be there to hold him.

All this time, Harry had thought his father didn't know. But he did. And it makes him so angry that his father would rather not make him King at all, than hand his kingdom down to his son who preferred the romantic company of another male over a female. Therefore, Harry isn't sure which way to choose. This puts him in a bind that he doesn't quite know, nonetheless remember how to get out of.

"Then you don't love me."

"All I have been doing is waiting for you."

"I don't want to wait anymore."

Zayn's words ring in his ear. Especially when he made that statement about Harry not loving him simply because he didn't want to tell everyone. That's not true. In fact, it's far from the truth. Harry loves Zayn.

Zayn had caught his eye the day he set off for a ride through the forest and found the brown eyed boy helping his father build that little cozy tower they live in. He'd go visit every now and then, bringing treats from the palace kitchen for them, and he'd always ask how things were coming along. He had to be sure Zayn looked at him the way he was looking at him before he made his move. And that day when they kissed under the big oak tree by the lake, Harry knew whatever he would have with Zayn would be special.

How could he just throw that away like that? How could he give up his first ever real love without any fight?

He couldn't and he knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself again if he did. So he gets up, dresses himself and goes to his room door. He opens the latch and steps out.

"Oh my, Sir Harry... You cannot leave your room. You heard your father." Arthur says getting in front of him and stopping him in his tracks.

"I don't care what he says." Harry responds and he kindly steps around and continues walking on past him.

"But you do know if you go any further, I will have to notify your father, don't you?"

But Harry just waves his hand, never coming to a halt. "Go ahead then. Tell him. If I stay, it'll be just what he wants me to do. But he doesn't get the satisfaction of controlling whatever decisions I make. Not anymore."

Arthur doesn't say anything else and Harry doesn't stop until he actually gets outside of the palace. And even then, it is just to get Winter from the stables.

"Come on girl, we're going to see Zayn." he says patting her head. "Would you like to go see him?"

She neighs at the sound of his name and even Harry has loved how she's taken a strong liking to the boy as well. "I thought so."

He hops on her in one stride, and with a single whip of her rein, she's speeding off into the night through the palace gates and into the forest.