Chapter 10

It's the big day

It's the big day...Monday. How a fantastic way to start my week, note the sarcasm.

We are currently at the police station, waiting for my father to come. I don't know how should I feel. There is so much mixed emotions and internal battles I'm having. Hopefully it goes well. I just want it to get done and over with.

We are in this room, looks like lounge. Claudia is making herself coffee and I'm busy breastfeeding Claire. I'm trying not to panic and stress about this whole thing... It's just so surreal. Claudia take a seat next to me with her coffee.

I hope mom is happy and proud of me. I miss her so much.

I look out the door, it has a small window. I see an officer and two other people. The officer looks this way, I think that's my father his talking to. I refocus myself on Claire. She is just enjoying being fed right now, so innocent and pure. Claire stops drinking and looks sleepy due to milk high. I gently pat her and rocking her to sleep. Detracted by putting her to sleep I didn't even notice the door opening.

I hear footsteps then my name gets called by the officer,  look up and making eye contact with my father I presume. He takes a seat across from me, the lady sits next to him. The lady smiles at me. I give her a small one back, not really sure how to act

"I'm Lucas your dad and this is my assistant Jennifer." he introduces himself and the lady next to him, she is very pretty. "Umm.. I don't how to start. I'm Eleonora, this is Claudia" I show to Claudia. "And this little one is Claire..." I smile and look down at Claire. They look surprised but didn't say anything about it, and I'm happy they didn't.

"She is so cute." says Jennifer and I give her an agreeing node.

"I will leave now." the officer announces and shakes hands with my father then leaves.

"Well Eleonora as you know you have siblings. You will meet them a bit later, I didn't want to overwhelm you as it's already is." he says. "Okay that's cool, and thanks for considering that."
I say honestly, my tone switchs into a more serious one as I continue to speak. "I know you are pretty confused with why and how I'm your daughter."

" Yeah I am but regardless of your 'background', your still my daughter. " he says. and it warms my heart. "Welp if it makes you feel better, you didn't sleep with some random woman. I'm pretty sure my mom is or was your wife." I say humorously. He has a little chuckle. "Yeah that does make me feel better but as I said even if I didn't know, you are still my daughter." he says.

"Umm there is more but I'm not ready to share that yet, no offense although your my father, I don't know you. I hope you can respect that." He nods. "Yes Eleonora, I respect that and when you want to share, I'm here." i smile at him gratefully, so happy that he isn't going to force me into doing so.

"So Eleonora I live in Italy as well as my.. Sorry our family. You will be coming back home with me, I hope you understand and that's okay." I look over to Claudia, she nods.