Cries for help

"I love you. How could you be so stupid. Of course she won't say nothing."cried to herself Claudia in the garden. She sat down on a bench, the little dog following her on it and laying its head in her lap.
"Kaiserin, what your mistress will say?"
The dog looked at her.
"I know she's in distress, but I felt like it was the right moment. Maybe I should go and apologise."said Claudia, petting the little girl.

In Octavius's office, Belladona was bewailing to her husband's portrait.
"She said she loved me and I said nothing. Nothing. How could I said something!? I didn't know what was going on. Don't try to persuade me that I haven't seen anything."Bella was pacing around, avoiding a certain spot on where her husband used to stay.
"I know what I saw and yet this reflected on me. I would never allow this." She stopped and looked at her husband.
"I know you want me to be happy, but..."she stopped as if she was interrupted. As if Octavius was looking at her, menacing and towering over her. Her breathing became heavy, throwing her head back at some point.
"You're right. You've always been right. I'll go tell her."

She found her in the garden, among beautiful lilacs, sitting with the little grey dog. Claudia turned her head, immediately standing up, visibly shaking, trying to pull a word or two. The countess's hand flew to stop her.
"Claudia Howards. I know I reacted in a way that might have left you offended. I came here to say one thing to you."
Claudia caught her breath, waiting for the worst to come. Her heart could tear open her chest and run away.
"I love you too."

I love you. Full stop. Arthur Somerset. Another full stop. The man patted the paper, folding it and putting it on the envelope. He went to his assistant, ordering him to send it to Claudia's home. Arthur sat down on his chair, lighting a cigarette. The man before him did it too, leaning on the sofa.
"So, you've decided to marry her."he said, puffing a smoke.
"Oh I'll. It will be a great investment and she's docile enough. It will be an easy marriage."
"And when will you decide to propose to her?"
"Soon enough. When she comes back from Newport perhaps. Although I may go there?"
"I suggest for you to wait till she return. Isn't she staying over that countess?"
"Mrs. Octavius Byron. Yes."nodded Arthur.
"Here it is. You'll attend one of therapist balls and make the high society fall into your feet with the awe."
Arthur thought for a second, letting out a grey smoke.
"I have better idea."he announced, standing up from his seat to pour himself a glass of whiskey.

The dinner over Mrs. Snow was spectacular. Games were played, gossips were pouring like alcohol on a frat party. Once they came home Belladona could still smell little alcohol in her lover's breath. They had already switched to their pajamas, when Claudia has pushed her against her wall, kissing her to the fullest.
"You're drunk, my dear."moaned Bella, the blonde's lips founding their place on her neck.
"I'm not. I promise you. I just wanted to sleep with you."Claudia kissed her again, her hand resting on her breast. Belladona was following her movements. She wanted to fuck her, to feel her, but at this state she was in, the best for her is to rest.
"No. Go in the bed and sleep it off."the brunette pushed her lover, holding on her shoulders. Claudia's face was red, her breathing fastened. She reminded her so much of Arabella when she accidentally spilled water and rushed to her mother, all red and crying.
"But Bella."
"I said something. Go to bed."her tone changed, making Claudia wobbly straighten her back.
"Alright then. But I'm sleeping in your bed." The blonde almost fell on her way, stumbling at the bed, falling on her hands. Belladona felt a little guilt for almost shouting at her, but she needed to. When Claudia finally crawled on the bed and wrapped herself tightly, the countess let herself to join her.

                               ........
Belladona woke up, feeling hot. As if the air in her lungs was escaping. She sat in her bed, the moon lighting her bedroom. She turned around to see the sleeping blonde on her back, her nightgown slipped from her shoulder. The countess rubbed her eyes and stood up from her bed, taking her night robe on her way out. As she was just closing the door, she heard a sound she hasn't heard in so many years. Belladona slowly raised her head. Her heart thumping into her chest. Another cry followed, this time continuing. Belladona's eyes widened. She hasn't had information of someone of her household having a child. Arabella was too early to have it already, and Bella would be 100% if she ever gave birth to a child. Was it perhaps her brother playing tricks on her? The countess followed the cry. Her stomach almost dropped from where the sound led her. This room was locked for a reason. How does it come out of it? The baby's cry grew stronger and stronger. Her hand flew to the handle, finding it unlocked. She slipped in. The countess gasped by the sight. Underneath the big window, a cradle was placed. The sound coming from it. She closed the door behind her, going closer to the bed. As she was moving closer the cloth inside of it moved, startling her a little. Belladona's steps felt drowned underneath the crying. Her eyes laid on the baby inside of the cradle. A slight smile spread on her lips.
"Hello, little one. How did u get here?"her sweet voice made the baby stop crying. She placed her hand to touch the child's cheek, slowly rowing the bed. The baby grabbed her hand that was placed on its chest.
"You remind me so much of my girl when she was as little as you."spoke softly the countess, the baby looking at her with its big blue eyes.
The countess lifted her head to see if something other was placed. Something shone on the table, which was partially illuminated by the light. The woman smiled at the child before leaving it to look at the shining object. Coming closer her smile dropped. She instantly recognised the little lock with the little dark hair in it and the name Richard Alexander Byron carved into the golden frame. She lifted it up. The smell of blood struck her. The top of the locket was dipped into blood. She no longer was hearing the baby, making her to turn slowly at. A sharp gasp escaped from her lips. The cradle was no longer whiten, but bloody red. Her feet slowly dragged her to her previous place, her eyes laying on the cold, dead body of the infant. Bloody and smelling of something rotten.
"No."escaped from Belladona's lips, her face trying to keep it cool. Failure. Another failure. Another attempt. The memories caught up on her. She placed her hands on the cradle, hot tears running down. A hand slowly crawled on her spine, hitching her breath, reaching her shoulder blade. A familiar hand which held her countless time until she didn't held it for the last time. Another slowly pushed away her hair, familiar voice whispering in her ear.
"You poor thing. My sweet, sweet mourning lamb. There's nothing you can do anymore. It's already been done. Your child is dead."
"No."her lips trembled." I'm sorry, Octavius. I'm terribly sorry, my love."she sobbed. His other hand flew to her stomach.
"You killed it, my sweet, sweet pearl. I don't blame you."
Belladona fell silent, her eyes glued to the dead infant. She turned around, pulling the large figure of her husband into embrace. His arms wrapped around her, caressing her head.
"Hush, my sweet angel. My sweet, poor lamb. Whatever it's done, it's done. My sweet mourning lamb."
She held him close him, breathing in his scent. Lilacs and daffodils. She sobbed once again, tighening her grip.
"You can't undo it. There's nothing to worry about on this very end. You'll be with us soon enough."
Belladona sobbed once again, hiding her face into his chest.