Chapter 87: Home!

Start from the beginning

"Well then, to answer my question, all we need to do is turn around, no?" Said Elif as he turned around, only to get hit with an intense light before facing forward again.

'Well, that answers my question, but if those light spots are realms, does that mean the blinding light to my left is the OverRealm?' Thought Elif as he attempted to look to his left, only for him to quickly shut his eyes in pain and regret.

With it having been a few minutes since we arrived in this tunnel, we noticed that we were being directed to the left, and while that was fine, we were forced to close our eyes from the blinding light, and that hardly even made a difference. Luckily, or unluckily, we weren't forced to walk for long as our bodies suddenly got sucked toward the intense light against our will. The next thing I knew, I was standing back inside the royal throne room; well, actually, I was currently being hugged in the throne room.

"It's great to see you, Mother, but could you please stop squeezing so tightly? I'm currently injured." Said Elif with a sigh as he was being hugged by Maria, though there was a smile on his face.

"Ahh, yes, I had momentarily forgotten about your injuries; it had just been so long since I'd seen you that I instinctively hugged you. Let's have Ms. Lynda heal you up." Said Maria with a face full of smiles as she, Elif, and Marcus, who had been sitting on his throne, left the throne room and headed towards Lynda's office.

___

___

"I've done everything I can do; His Highness should be fully healed within two weeks. Though, I must say, it was a smart decision on your part to head back to the palace as quickly as possible; if you had taken too long, there was a good chance you would've lost all feeling in your arms." Said Lynda, having just finished wrapping Elif's arms in silk which was laced with medicinal herbs.

Nodding at Lynda, I laid down on the medical bed, and for the first time in two years, I felt exhausted; right when I was about to drift off into sleep, the door busted open, and speedily running toward me was an excited Elaine.

"BIG BROTHER! You finally returned!" Exclaimed Elaine happily as she jumped and landed atop Elif, aggravating Elif's injuries in the process.

"Ugh, yes, I've returned, and I'm happy to see you as well." Replied Elif with a painful smile while Elaine hugged him.

"Alright, dear, I know you're excited to reunite with Elif but hug him softly; he had just recently ascended into a Divine cultivator, so he is still injured from the Heavenly Tribulation." Said Marcus as he lifted Elaine off of Elif and set her down next to him instead.

"Sorry, brother, I didn't worsen your injuries, did I? Also, why didn't you catch me with your Qi if you were injured?" Asked Elaine as she carefully inspected Elif's injured body.

"No, you didn't, and I would've If I had sensed you were coming; having advanced to a Divine, I've gained access to a whole new world of boundless information, and I currently don't have proper control over them yet, so I've kept my senses locked to my body." Replied Elif with a smile when he saw Elaine's curious eyes.

"That sounds interesting, but I want to know about your experiences in the Spirit realm." Said Elaine enthusiastically as she sat down on the edge of Elif's bed.

"Did you not just hear what Marcus said, little girl? Elif is exhausted, so give him time to rest before you question him." Scolded Maria, resulting in a pouting Elaine.

"It's fine, Mother; the Heavenly Tribulation was quite easy, so I'm not that exhausted." Said Elif, though his half-lie was easily seen through by Maria.

"Ok, fine. Besides, Marcus and I are also curious to hear about your adventure." Said Maria as she released a sigh.

"Alright, well, I think I should start from when I was forcefully thrown into a Spirit realm–." Explained Elif as he glanced toward Maria and Marcus in annoyance before focusing back on Elaine as he explained his time in the spirit realm.

___

___

Seeing my firstborn sleeping soundly, I couldn't help but smile with joy; even though he was in poor condition, just seeing him sleep peacefully brought me abundant happiness, albeit I was slightly sad about his state.

"Is everything alright, Marcus? Ever since Elif returned, you've been unnaturally quiet." Asked Maria while stroking Elif's face tenderly.

"I'm just curious, who was the person who created that artifact system? For neither of us to have been able to apprehend or destroy the artifact after it tried planting a curse on Elif's soul, the creator must be quite powerful, no?" Said Marcus seriously before his face noticeably softened when he looked at Elif.

"I do not know, dear, but you are right. Do you think we should capture the boy who escaped from Elif?" Asked Maria, showing quite a serious face as well.

"No, we should leave him alone for now, seeing as how that artifact can repel both of us; however, if he attempts something like that again, we shall inform the ancestors and have them deal with it. Besides, I'm sure after everything that happened, Elif wants to settle the accounts personally." Said Marcus as he stood up before approaching Elif and rubbing his head.

Kissing Elif on the cheek, I stood up and left the room right behind Marcus, both of us returning to our duties as the rulers of the Empire.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___

___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 198: Intent of Pride!) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 79: Twelve Days(R18)) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 135: Mael Vs. Doberman) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]