(Dumbfounded, Harry turns. Y/n looks at Hermione in disbelief)

Y/n: You have a time turner?

(Hermione holds up the hourglass)

Hermione: Yeah. McGonagall gave it to me first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year.

Harry: You mean, we've gone back in time?

Y/n: I guess so. Dumbledore clearly wanted us to return to this moment.

Hermione: Clearly something happened he wants us to change.

(A soft smack is heard. They turn, see Malfoy land on the seat of his pants in the Sundial Garden, rub his kisser)

Harry: Good punch.

Y/n: Yeah it was.

Hermione: Hurry! Malfoy's coming!

(Hermione pulls Y/n and Harry under the bridge. Seconds later, footsteps clamor over their heads)

Draco: Not a word of this to anyone, understood! I'll get that jumped up Mudblood one of these days. Mark my words...

(Eyes narrowed in anger, Hermione leans out, reaches up, and sends Malfoy sprawling. As Y/n pulls her back, Malfoy looks around in confusion, then dashes off with the others. Seconds later, Harry emerges, marvels at the sight of himself and Y/n, Hermione, and Ron heading down the slope to Hagrid's hut. His eyes shift to the pumpkin patch)

Harry: Look. Buckbeak's still alive.

Hermione: Of course! Remember what Dumbledore said. If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared.

Harry: Buckbeak? But... how will saving Buckbeak help Sirius?

Y/n: We'll see.

Hagrid's Hut

(As Buckbeak feasts on a ferret, Y/n, Harry and Hermione duck behind a pile of pumpkins. Peering into the hut, Y/n sees Hermione and Ron embrace awkwardly. He grins, turns, only to find Hermione analyzing the moment with considerable fascination. Caught -- regards Y/n defensively)

Hermione: What?

Y/n: Nothing.

(Harry looks toward the slope, sees Fudge and the others approaching in a cloud of crows)

Harry: Here they come. We better hurry.

Hermione: No! Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we steal him. Otherwise, he'll think Hagrid set him free!

(Harry nods, then looks toward the hut. Inside, Hagrid is handing Scabbers to Ron)

Harry: That's Pettigrew --

(As he starts to rise, Y/n grabs him, speaks fiercely)

Y/n: No, Harry! You can't!

Harry: Y/n, that's the man who betrayed my parents! You don't expect me to just sit here...

Y/n: You Must! The rat will get what's coming for him, but not now.

(Hermione points inside)

Hermione: Harry, you're in Hagrid's hut right now. If you go bursting inside, you'll think you've gone mad. Awful things can happen when wizards meddle with time. We can't be seen.

(Hermione turns, watches Fudge and the others drawing closer. She frowns, glances into the hut)

Hermione: Fudge is coming and... we're not leaving... why aren't we leaving?