M1, Chapter 7

Quidditch Field

(The stadium is full. Ron and Hermione join Neville and Seamus in the Gryffindor section, unfurl a banner that reads potter for president. As the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams take the field, the crowd roars. Oliver runs up alongside a nervous Harry and a calm Y/n who are clutching their new brooms)

Oliver: I know what you two are thinking. I'm playing my first game of Quidditch, the entire school's watching me and, worst of all, it's against Slytherin. Am I right?

Harry: Pretty close.

Y/n: Not so sure about that.

Oliver: It's all right. I felt the same way before my first game.

Y/n: What happened?

Oliver: I don't really remember. I took a Bludger to the head about two minutes in and woke up in the hospital a week later.

(Madame Hooch, clad in referee robes, addresses the players)

Madame Hooch: Now, I want a nice clean game. From all of you.

(She glances tellingly at Slytherin Captain marcus flint. Harry leans over to Angelina Johnson one of the Gryffindor Chaser)

Angelina: Marcus Flint. Slytherin Captain. They say he's got troll blood in him.

(Y/n chuckles)

Y/n: I can tell.

(Harry swallows as Flint glares at him and Y/n murderously)

Madame Hooch: Mount your brooms, please.

(Hands trembling, Harry waits, then the whistle blasts. Fourteen broomsticks rise into the air. As the crowd roars, madame hooch kicks the crate, releasing two screaming Bludgers, then tosses up the Quaffle. In the stands, lee jordan does the commentary)

Jordan: Quaffle's up... and straight off taken by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor. What an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive too, I might add.

(Professor McGonagall casts a disapproving glance at Jordan, then turns to watch the action below. Cradling the Quaffle, Angelina weaves wickedly past a Slytherin Chaser, ducks under a sizzling Bludger that Fred Weasley chips away, then dashes off to a speeding Alicia Spinnet.

Alicia falls into a fifteen foot rolling dive, feeds the Quaffle back to Angelina... but has it intercepted by a slashing Marcus Flint. Flint flies fast for the hoop, rears back... but has his shot blocked by Oliver. He bumps, the Quaffle to Chaser Katie Bell, who rockets past Flint the length of the field... only to take a Bludger to the back of the head.

As the Quaffle pops loose, Marcus Flint grabs it, drives with astonishing speed back the other way, then takes a Bludger himself, courtesy of George Weasley. Angelina swoops down, Snatches the spinning Quaffle and, flying like lightning, races the field to score.

Flint comes up to her and knocks her over making her drop the quaffle. Flint goes to take it but Y/n zooms past him and grabs it and starts to fly towards the goals. Y/n dodges as one of the slytherin players tries to hit him, Y/n flies to the goal and throws the quaffle into the goal scoring)

Jordan: And Y/n Graves makes a goal! For a first timer he sure is playing like a pro!

(As Gryffindor cheers fill the cold air, Hagrid makes his way up the stands, scattering students in his wake)

Hagrid: Budge up there. Clear the way. How's Harry holdin' up?

(Ron and Hermione squeeze together, giving Hagrid space)