Ron: My rat, sir. Only he's not really a rat. Well, he was a rat. You see, he used to be my brother Percy's --

Y/n: The point is Professor... we know the truth. Sir, you must believe us.

Dumbledore: I do, Mr. Graves. But I'm sorry to say the word of four sixteen year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen.

(As Dumbledore turns to the window, a shooting star plummets silently through the sky)

Dumbledore: Ah... a shooting star. If everone was to make a wish, now would be the time. But time, I'm afraid, is precisely our problem...

(On cue, the midnight bell begins to chime... DING!...DING!)

Dumbledore: Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And, when meddled with... dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower.

(Dumbledore turns to look at Hermione)

Dumbledore: You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would, I feel, do well to return before this last chime. If not... well, the consequences are really too ghastly to discuss. Three turns should do it, I think. If you succeed, more than one innocent life may be spared tonight.

(Dumbledore hands Y/n, Harry and Hermione each a stick of chocolate, then starts to go... stops)

Dumbledore: By the way, when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin... Good luck.

(He smiles, exits. Harry glances curiously at the chocolate)

Ron: What in bloody hell was all that about?

(But Hermione doesn't reply, instead looping the pendant's long chain around Y/n and Harry's neck as well as her own)

Hermione: Sorry, Ron. But seeing as you can't walk...

(As Ron, Y/n and Harry exchange a curious glance, the bell continues to chime -- DING! DING! -- and... time reverses in a dizzying backward blur, as if a tape were being rewound, every moment that occurred in the hospital room flickering by at a dizzying speed while, outside the window, darkness gives way to dusk and the sun "un-sets," returning to its place low on the horizon. At this point, the time reversal ends and the room is... Empty. Except for Y/n, Harry and Hermione. As Hermione unloops the necklace, Harry glances around in confusion)

Harry: What just happened? Where's Ron?

(Hermione ignores the question, eyes the clock on the wall)

Hermione: Seven-thirty. Where were we at seven-thirty?

Harry: Huh?

Y/n: We were going to Hagrid's.

Hermione: Come on! We can't be seen!

(Hermione grabs Y/n and Harry's arms, slams through the door)

Bridge

(Y/n, Harry and Hermione come to a mad, huffing halt)

Harry: Hermione! Will you please tell us what it is we're doing?!

(Y/n holds up a hand, silencing him. Annoyed, Harry follows his and Hermione's gazes and blinks in disbelief. Across the grounds...)

Sundial Garden

(... he sees himself, along with Y/n, Hermione and Ron, about to confront Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle near the monoliths)

Harry: But that... that's... us. This is not... normal.