Chapter 3

A/n: More I guess!

"Spit it out, Kali." (Y/n) began.

Akali, who stood beside the male shrugged. "I have no idea what you mean." She moved past the male, and about in their workplace. Only for the rapping waitress to suddenly find herself moved back to her original spot.

"That power of yours is cheap." Akali sighed.

(Y/n) didn't even look up at her, and continued to go about his duties. "You've been looking at me weirdly for a couple of days now, what's up?"

"It's nothing." Akali turned. "Just bored I guess, I was hoping you'd wanna do something cool." Akali fished out her phone. "You've just been wanting to work and sleep when you get home, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's kinda repetitive."

"I'm just going through the motions for now." (Y/n) replied.

"Yeah, I get it." Akali stretched. "I'm gonna take my break, take over for me for a bit."

(Y/n) watched Akali leave, the door to the restaurant jingling as she did. He never did figure out where Akali spent her breaks, but he supposed that was her business.

Thoughts of the tasks for today were taking a back seat in his mind. The kitchen was stocked yesterday, today was somewhat slow so there were no dishes to be done, the only thing that seemed to be noteworthy was that Neeko had taken a sick day.

Poor girl. (Y/n) thought, but he was sure she'd be fine. After all, Vastaya had more robust constitutions than humans.

The thing at the forefront of (Y/n)'s mind however, was Kai'sa. Shocking, he knew, but he couldn't shake off the thought.

Kai'sa was his first love, and all things relating to that didn't really fade quickly.

Akali had told him that it would pass, and he believed her. He was sure he'd be able to move on, but seeing Kai'sa and talking about everything had reset whatever progress he had made. She still had a firm grip on his heart, and he doubted it'd loosen up soon.

"Ki-ching." The door rang out. A customer had entered and sat in one of the nearby booths. (Y/n) glanced around, he was the only one at the front. Akali was nowhere to be seen.

Seeing no other choice, (Y/n) grabbed a menu and tried to remember his customer service voice.

"Hi, welcome to Riven's." (Y/n) began, setting the menu before the newcomer. "My name's (Y/n), and I'll be your server cause everyone else is gone."

A light chuckle.

A head of straight silvery blonde hair, and petite features that seemed almost delicate.

"I'm glad you liked my intro." (Y/n) smiled, and handed the menu to the girl in front of him. "Here's your menu, I'll be back to take your order."

(Y/n) stopped into the kitchen, and found a serving of fresh bread sticks already waiting for him. Morgana's handiwork obviously, but she didn't show any signs that she had even moved. Not a hair out of place.

He simply offered a thanks, and headed back out.

The girl who had come in was very interested in the menu it seemed, her eyes were wide with an almost childlike sense of wonder.

"Hi there." (Y/n) spoke up, placing the breadsticks onto the table as well as a glass of water. "Are you ready to order?"

The girl glanced back down at the menu. "I'm honestly not sure." She spoke. "There's so many foods that I've never even heard of before."