Chapter 1

A/n: Reception to the prologue seemed positive enough, so I took it as a sign to keep going.

Image is not mine.

(Y/n) slowly opened his eyes, the light of the sun already peeking through the window. He groaned, making a mental note to buy some curtains when he could.

Then his alarm went off, his phone vibrating and chiming the most annoying tune it had. (Y/n) pointed to it, and flicking it over to him. The phone obeyed, hovering in the air and gently nestling into his awaiting hand.

7:00 a.m. on the dot, we'll not really he was sure a few seconds had passed.

(Y/n) slowly got out of bed, his bed making itself as he walked out of the bedroom and towards what he would call the living room.

It was still the same boxy mess that he had come home to last night.

"I wonder where I put the cereal?" He scratched his head. No, forget the cereal where'd he put his toothbrush?!

It was times like these he wished he was clairvoyant instead of a telekinetic.

He sighed, he supposed he should start with the box labeled: bathroom. (Y/n) moved forward, the boxes floating around him one at a time, he'd get through them all before the morning was done.

The first morning to his new life.

For some reason it had just clicked with him, this was a new start for him. Shaking his head, he moved to the side. A box floated down, he opened the flaps and slowly began to float the contents into the bathroom.

"Toilet paper, air fresheners, shampoo." Each item floated by, he could mentally keep track of where they were supposed to go. Turning away he popped open another box, this time an assortment of clothes. "Not what I needed, but good to know where these are." (Y/n) threw a hand up, catching a bath towel mid flight and then setting it aside.

He cracked his knuckles, he'd finish all this within the hour.

He hoped.

~|~|~|~|~|~

"8:15." (Y/n) nodded not bad. He took one more glance around his apartment, it looked nice. It better, he didn't spend part of his morning exerting himself and have the final product not be nice.

It was big enough for his needs, that's all that mattered. Living room, kitchen, and bedroom all squeezed into one tiny space. He pushed the thought away, this is the best he could do with his budget.

(Y/n) pulled out a bowl and spoon from the cupboards with a thought, followed by cereal and milk.

His phone buzzed, a message from Kai'sa coming to the forefront.

I'm off to work, let's meet up like yesterday.

(Y/n) shot her a quick reply, then returned to breakfast. He needed a job, and preferably by the end of the week if he wanted to pay the rent to this place on time. He sighed, he hadn't thought about what he wanted to do yet.

He’d figure it out. In the meantime, he fumbled with his phone, perhaps the news would give him some inspiration about his current situation.

In related news, the United Nations Leaders are currently in a heated debate. The topic? Whether the Rift in the Middle East is to be bombarded with a Nuclear response in order to combat the spread of what is currently being called the Second Coming of the Void.

“Off to a great start.” (Y/n) rolled his eyes, and powered down his phone. He hoped Kai’sa hadn’t seen the news. He shook his head. “She was a kid, she’s probably over it by now…I hope.”