Sirius: You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?

(The two regard each other, the moment taut with tension, then Lupin steps forward and... embraces Black like a brother)

Hermione: No! I trusted you! I covered up for you. And all this time you've been his friend!

Y/n: Lupin's a werewolf. That's why he's been missing classes.

(Hermione, Harry and Ron stare, dumbfounded, at Lupin. Black howls then, bitterly amused. Lupin eyes him, then turns back)

Lupin: How long have you known?

Y/n: For a while, there were some hints about it, your Boggart being the full moon and Snape giving us an assignment about werevolves.

Lupin: It's true what the other Professors have said about you Y/n, you're the brightest wizard of your age I've ever met.

Sirius: Yes, you glow like the sun. And you howl at the moon. Enough talk! He dies. Now. If you won't do it with me, Remus, I'll do it alone.

Lupin: Wait, Sirius --

Sirius: I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban! Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week!

(Lupin eyes Black, then nods)

Lupin: All right then. As you wish...

Harry: No!

(Harry raises his wand when Lupin wheels and, with a flick of his own, disarms him. Furious, Harry eyes Black murderously)

Harry: You betrayed my parents! You sold them to Voldemort!

Sirius: It's a lie! I never would've betrayed James and Lily!

Lupin: Harry! You've got to listen --

Harry: Did he listen! When my mother was dying! Did he hear her screaming!

Sirius: No! I wasn't there! And I'll regret it the rest of my life!

(Harry's eyes flash to Black's, glittering with pain)

Lupin: Someone else betrayed your parents, Harry. Someone in this room right now. Someone who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead.

Sirius: He's as good as dead.

Harry: What're you talking about? There's nobody here.

Sirius: Oh yes there is...

(Black turns then, to Ron, and croons in a cruel sing song)

Sirius: Come out, come out, Peter Come out, come out and play...

(Ron draws back from Black's demented gaze)

Ron: You're mad...

(Harry's eyes shift from Ron's face to his hands, where Scabbers twists violently. As a curious expression befalls Harry, Lupin and Black, as one, raise their wands... when)

Snape: Expelliarmus!

(The wands fly from their hands. The others turn, find Snape standing in the doorway, smiling smugly and eying Sirius)

Snape: Ah, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you.

Lupin: Severus --

Snape: I told Dumbledore you were helping your old friend into the castle. And here's the proof.

Sirius: Brilliant! And -- as usual -- dead wrong. Now give us our wands back. Remus and I have a bit of unfinished business to tend to.

(As Black approaches, Snape puts his wand to Black's neck)