✿ 3 ✿

˚❀ . ˚  ✦  ✿ . ˚ .   ˚ ✿. ˚  ❀
. ˚✦ .  ✿   ˚   ❀  * ˚   ❀ ✦ ˚ .
your pov:

"Alright losers listen up. We're playing dodgeball!"

That was your cue to leave. You had managed to get exempt from participating in physical education while you were recovering from "root sickness." You weren't allowed to rest inside though, you had to sit outside on the bench and watch. 'Man, I really dodged a bullet by skipping today.' You weren't a big fan of sports nor did you enjoy being hit by balls. (😭😕) And after seeing how riled up the class was after Hairo's speech, you were glad to be sitting out.

"Ok Saiki, we're taking you first!"

The game had just started and your classmates had already chosen their first target. You looked up just in time to see the ball plow right into Saiki's face. You contemplated asking if he was ok, but seeing as his facial expression stayed the same, you didn't think he cared very much. Actually, you wouldn't be surprised if he took the hit on purpose. He didn't seem like the type to enjoy sports. He then turned and started to walk towards the bench.

"Hold it Saiki. Were you actually trying to get hit by that ball."

Of course Hairo would be the one to notice. You bet he could sense Saiki's lack of willpower!! Saiki nodded in response before he started to walk again.

"For real? Well...hey! Where are you going? You're not out. Face safe rule!"

His plan was ultimately ruined and he was forced to return to the field. You watched as Saiki stood still. You could tell he was thinking about something.

"Saiki!! Give it all you got" screamed Hairo.

You watched him contemplate a bit more before he stretched his arm back and threw the ball. The throw had little force behind it and was caught by Nendou. This caused Hairo to get a bit too aggressive about Saiki's throw. And of course Nendous comment about him going easy on his friend stirred the pot. Nendou then took the ball and hit nearly every player on the opposing team, excluding Saiki and Hairo. You sighed, how ironic. Nendou once again took a ball and launched it, this time aiming for Hairo. But just before it could hit him, Saiki stood in front of him and took the hit instead. 'He really does not want to play does he?'

"Hey! Don't give up now!! Lets go" exclaimed Hairo.

Hairo miraculously caught the ball. He definitely didn't stick the landing though, cause now he was face down and revealing a little more than you'd like to see. For the second time ever (you estimated), you saw Saikis expression change.

"Oh no! Hairo's knee is busted!"

"That means Saiki's the only one left on team paper!"

Hairo looked as if he was dying. He spoke to Saiki like he had the last chance to save the world. Ultimately it was really weird, especially when the other teammates started to cry. 'Is this seriously happening' you thought to yourself. Saiki glanced over to you and then back to Hairo as if he was answering your unspoken question. People started to cheer on and encourage Saiki. In your opinion, you thought it made the situation worse for him. 'I wonder what would happen if I boo'd' you thought. 'On second thought, i'd probably be kidnapped and used as a sacrifice to bring Hairo back from the dead.' You turned your attention back to the teams, which was currently 7v1. Saiki finally decided to make a move taking the ball and throwing it. Once again, the ball had little force behind it. A member from the opposite team had caught the ball before it suddenly flew out of his hands.

"Hmph. Finally it's time to show you what I got! Do you have any idea what that means for you Saiki? It means that you're in big trouble."

You hadn't even noticed Kaidou was here this entire time. What was more surprising was that he was still in the game! Kaidou threw the ball at full force!! Maybe...full force for him anyway. This throw was worse than Saiki's previous ones. Saiki had successfully managed to catch a ball so he could get a teammate back into the game. You had now lost interest. You were only watching because it was Saiki playing alone. Now that he had a teammate, you let your thoughts drift. That is, until you heard bodies hitting the floor. You look up to see two people lying on the floor. 'Maybe I should pay more attention, that would've been funny to watch...' You looked up and saw Saiki get hit with a ball thrown by Nendou, and then caught by Hairo. 'When was he allowed back into the game?' Hairo had miraculously caught the ball, somehow falling to the floor and again leaving little to the imagination. Hairo then took the ball and hit a majority of the players on the opposite team. This left Kaidou and Nendou versus Saiki and Hairo. It took Hairo one throw the get the other two out and finally end the game. Your classmates were ecstatic and praised Saiki. That praise didn't last for very long though, as soon as Saiki was hugged by Nendou people turned their heads. 'Fair enough' you thought. Since your classmates had left, you decided to approach Saiki.

"Hey, Saiki" you said. He glanced over and turned his attention to you.

"You did good. Even if you did try to avoid participating a majority of the time."

You gave him a small smile and he simply nodded back before turning away.

saiki pov:

He nodded in response to your compliment and turned away with a small, unnoticeable blush on his cheeks.

timeskip

your pov:

You were laying in your bed as your alarm blared loudly loudly. Not even awaken for a minute and you already wanted to go back to bed. You got up and sluggishly walked to your bathroom to get ready. After you were clean and dressed, you walked downstairs and walked right out the door. You decided there was no time for breakfast as you preferred to get to school at a very specific time. Not early enough where you'd be alone in the classroom, but not late to the point where you wouldn't have time to roam the halls before class. You closed to gate to your yard and as you turned around you ran right into a certain someone. You didn't physically run into him (he knew you were there) but you were now too close for your own comfort. Your eyes met before you looked away sheepishly.

"Sorry..."

He didn't respond. The silence that consumed the two of you was incredibly awkward. You were just standing there avoiding eye contact in the middle of the sidewalk!

"...Oh. Do you live around here?"

You started walking towards the school, grateful you finally found a way to break the silence. You were relieved when he started to walk with you. You were slightly afraid he would just stand there in silence and wait for you to leave.

"Yeah."

'He actually responded!!' You were honestly pretty excited to get more than a head nod out of the male. But even that was a better response than to be ignored like your fellow classmates. You once again were silent. This time, it was comforting. Much like the silence you experienced when you first met while walking Nendou to the nurse. You two continued to walk to school together in that peaceful silence.

"Hey you!!! What's up with that sloppy school uniform?!?"

Great. You weren't even inside the school yet and there was already a teacher yelling. You and Saiki both stopped walking. You weren't worried about getting called out for not following the dress-code. You glanced back at Saiki before walking into the schoolyard with Saiki following behind you. You guys eventually made it to your class sat down. No words spoken. You couldn't help but wonder if Saiki would ever actually consider you a friend. But seeing the way he ignored Nendou his "best buddy" you figured you must be doing something right.

˚❀ . ˚  ✦  ✿ . ˚ .   ˚ ✿. ˚  ❀
. ˚✦ .  ✿   ˚   ❀  * ˚   ❀ ✦ ˚ .