18 | sully be slaying

about you / the 1975

do you think i have forgotten about you?
hold on and hope we'll find our way back there in the end

🍊 🍊 🍊

| social media | real life | imessage |

instagram

brynlee.williams has added to their story...

williams has added to their story

real life

"Would you rather get stung by ten wasps or get bitten by a snake?" I question Matt, my feet popped up on the dashboard of his car.

"Um..." Matt's nose wrinkles as he considers my question, his eyes glued to Chris as he scampers across the parking lot towards the McDonald's. As soon as we had arrived, ten minutes early for when I am supposed to meet the guy with the car, Chris promptly declared that he needed to take a shit and beelined out of the car. "Which is deadlier?"

I shrug, reaching forward to adjust the hem of my loose-hanging white pants. "I don't know. I guess it depends on how venomous the snake is, and where you get bitten or stung. I think getting a lot of wasp stings can close your airways."

"I feel like getting bitten by a snake just sounds scarier," Matt shuffles lower in his seat and crosses his arms across his chest to get comfortable.

"Speak for yourself, I fucking hate bees," I grumble, picking up my phone to switch the song. "I'm going with snake bite."

"I'm going wasp stings," Matt decides. "If I get ten stings on various parts of my body, I feel like I would be fine."

I scroll through my phone, adding various songs to the queue. "Do you remember the movie My Girl where the kid dies from getting stung too many times?"

Matt scoffs. "Do I remember? Of course I remember. I'm the one who watched that with you for the first time when you bawled your eyes out for like twenty minutes."

"That movie is sad as fuck!" I defend myself, dropping my phone onto my lap. "At least I didn't cry in The Fault in Our Stars."

"You promised to never bring that up!" Matt gives me a side eye. "And who doesn't cry during that movie, you psychopath?"

"It was so obvious that one of them was going to die, I felt it coming from the beginning," I raise my eyebrows at Matt, who is scowling at me. "Whereas in My Girl, nobody saw that shit coming. And when she starts screaming about him needing his glasses to see? That kills me."

"You're insane," Matt sighs, shaking his head in disbelief. Regardless, he drops the topic and moves on. "How're you enjoying LA so far?"

"I'm really happy to be here," my voice is soft, expressing my sincerity. "It's nice to be away from everything, and I really love getting to spend time with you guys."