𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻𝘀 (𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝘆 𝗠𝗲)

Start from the beginning

Bella looked to Grace and smiled. "It's gonna be okay. I promise you," she told her as she took her hand.

****

"Ladies and Gentleman. This is Mr David Young. Today, he'll be receiving a face transplant," Mark said.

Bella smiled over at the patient. She gave him a little wave. Not impressed with how the interns had given him a nickname.

Mark looked to Bella and smiled. He continued what he was saying. Dr Hunt and his team will be recovering the donors facial graft. We're replacing 70% of Mr Young's face. You can see the deficit here," he said as showed them a computer model.

"Or here," David joked.

Owen took over from Mark. "The donor recovery will include his nose, left eye, lips and left zygoma," he told them.

Mark nodded. He turned to face the residents. "Why will all of transplantation work better than traditional techniques?" He asked.

Bella looked around. Rolling her eyes as no one spoke. "Better aesthetic outcome. Which allows for reinnervation of the facial nerves. Giving a better functional result," she said.

"Very good Dr Shepherd. Then we'll position the flap over Mr Young's face. How do we know we're in the clear?" Mark asked.

Grace smiled and spoke. "When the graft turns pink," she told him.

"Excellent. Dave, any questions for us?"

"Has anyone seen the donor face?"

Mark nodded. "Yes. He's a match with your age, skin tone and blood type," he told the patient.

"What does he look like?"

"I think you'll be satisfied."

The residents and attendings left the room. Owen turned to them. "Karev. You're with me on the donor. Usually we take them at the same time. But the donors life support is fading fast. We gotta move," Owen said.

"Thank you sir."

"Shepherd, little Grey, you're with me," Mark said.

Bella grinned. "Really? Great."

Mark smiled, looking at Bella. "You did an awesome job in there. Why don't you call me after the pre-ops come in," he said.

"Dr Sloan? Only one resident?" Cristina asked.

"Wait for Bailey. There's already going to be enough of a crowd," Mark told them.

Cristina turned to Izzie. She sighed. "What the hell? I don't think you have time to scrub in with Sloan," she said.

Izzie sighed. "Don't worry about it. I can handle it."

One of the interns scoffed. "Awesome job. She probably quizzed him in bed last night. She gets to work on blowhole cause she gave Sloan a blow job."

"Shut your mouths. Finish the chart. I'll be back," Mark said as he turned and walked off.

Grace turned to the interns. She rolled her eyes. "Listen dimwits. Dr Shepherd's sex life has nothing to do with anyone here. And I'm guessing none of you have a sex life. You're all whiny little people. She is your boss. So I suggest you shut the hell up. Or you're all on scut. I wouldn't push me on that either," she said.