Chapter 10

"Then you can very well dance for me and I'll pay you, what do you say?" Lucas shocked Olivia even more.

"Not even if I'm starving will I come to you," Olivia hissed, freeing herself from his grip.

The anger in his eyes was evident, yet Lucas tried to keep cool. If only she knew that she was safer in his arms, with him rather than being all by herself. He was more afraid of her getting trapped somewhere else by someone else if she was so adamant as to refuse his support.

"I'll drop you to your flat," Lucas finally said, since he had to stop bugging her for quite some time now.

"Of course, you should," Olivia crossed her arms over her chest, turned her face away from him after sitting comfortably and sulked.

Lucas glanced at her and smiled. She looked so cute, despite the grumpy face. He wanted to make love to her once again. Nonetheless, he started the engine and drove off. They did not talk, as Lucas found it wiser not to.

Once they reached her block, Olivia alighted from the car and disappeared as fast as she could. However, in the process, she left her portfolio in Lucas' car. Lucas smirked and quickly parked in the next lot, picked up the folder and went inside the building.

Lucas was familiar with each and every corner of the building, as well as the floor where his lady resided. He immediately got into the lift and pressed the number seven. In the meantime, he opened her folder and checked the designs Olivia had prepared. He was marvelled. No wonder Alexander picked her right away.

Knowing Alexander for quite some time, the guy was crack, despite that he got everything easy. After all, he was born with a gold spoon, unlike him. That was one of the reasons he admired Olivia; she was strong-willed, hard-working and believed that she could achieve anything.

As the lift opened, Lucas found himself in the corridor leading to Olivia's flat. As he was about to knock on her door, Olivia opened it abruptly and nearly bumped into Lucas. She had realised that she had left her portfolio in his car and was rushing to get it.

"What's wrong with you, Lucas? I was calling you and you weren't picking up!" she scolded.

"Oh, I must have forgotten my phone in the car while I picked your portfolio to return to you," Lucas replied, as he held the folder.

"I really appreciate it," Olivia said mildly, extending her hand to pick it up from Lucas.

"Not so fast, baby," Lucas said, as he refused to return it to her.

Appalled, Olivia stared at him, waiting for him to kill the suspense.

"Won't you invite me for a cup of coffee?" Lucas asked.

"Sorry, boys aren't allowed in here," Olivia said nervously.

"Well, I am not a boy. I'm a man... Your man," he insisted.

"Still," Olivia retorted.

"Let me know when you're ready to collect your portfolio from my place, then," Lucas proclaimed as he retraced his steps back to the lift.

"You can't do this to me, Lucas! Wait! Come in," Olivia called out, hating to be always finding herself compromising.

Lucas smiled from ear to ear, strolling towards her and stepped in when she opened the door widely. As she closed the door behind her, she gestured for Lucas to take a seat. She inwardly thanked God for having had at least a sofa for her guest.

As soon as she had some cash, she would try to move to a bigger apartment with Amelia who was living with her aunt.

"What a nice cosy place you have here," Lucas complimented at the décor.

"Thank you," Olivia ran her fingers in her hair, smiling sheepishly.

"I'll have a black coffee, please," Lucas said, as he had felt her agitation.

"Yes... Uhm. Right," Olivia could not believe that she was tripping.

"Take your time... I'm free," Lucas smirked.

Olivia rolled her eyes and headed to the kitchen to boil the water.

"How much sugar, please?" Olivia asked.

"One teaspoon of coffee and two teaspoons of sugar, please," he called out.

"OK," Olivia responded.

"By the way, great designs, you got there," Lucas complimented.

"I can't believe that you checked my stuff without my permission!" Olivia exclaimed in annoyance.

"Why can't I? You're mine, remember?" Lucas reminded her.

Olivia stayed quiet. It was better. After the coffee was ready, she brought it to Lucas. He took a sip, and looked at Olivia, who was confused.

"Can you check it, please? Something is missing," Lucas handed over the mug to Olivia to taste the coffee she had prepared.

"Oh! What's wrong?" Olivia gaped.

"Taste it and tell me," Lucas said politely.

Olivia checked it and everything was fine; he had requested two teaspoons of sugar, and one teaspoon of coffee.

"There's nothing wrong. Do you need more sugar?" Olivia asked in astonishment.

"Give me," Lucas said.

To her surprise, he turned the side where Olivia's lips were stamped, and then sipped the coffee like nothing was wrong, "Now it's alright. It didn't have your sweetness before."

Olivia felt her heart skip a beat at his words, his glare and his triumphant smile. He tricked her. The funniest part was she had also tasted the coffee he had sipped from, unknowingly. Now she looked stupid.

"Just finish it and leave!" Olivia frowned furiously.

"Don't be mad... Why are you so unromantic?" he chafed.

"I'm not unromantic!" Olivia lashed out.

"Really? Your artwork is though, but I can bet you aren't," Lucas teased.

"I can when I want to!" Olivia huffed.

"And when is that?" Lucas asked calmly, after taking more sips.

"When it's not with you," Olivia retorted.

"With who then?" Lucas asked in a serious tone.

The last time he checked, Olivia was not in a relationship with anyone. Now he wanted to know what she had to say.

"None of your business!" Olivia exclaimed harshly.

"For your information, it is my business," Lucas warned.

"Lucas, please, get out of here!" Olivia yelled.

"I'm staying with you tonight," Lucas announced.