"Oh...but I just...I thought we..." Elizabeth choked up.

"And I don't feel that way about Lisanna. We are just buds." Natsu added.

At this, Happy saw a golden opportunity for teasing and quickly swallowed the last bit of his fish.

"Yeah!" Happy chimed in.

Natsu glared at the exceed, well aware of this was going.

"Because Natsu loves-"

But Natsu didn't let him get that far. With one quick motion, Natsu snatched Happy under his arm and covered the exceed's big mouth. Happy tried to struggle free, but Natsu wasn't going to let him go just yet.

"No one. I don't feel that way about anyone. Never have." Natsu stated.

Elizabeth's head dropped and she bit her lip to keep from crying. Her dreams of being with Natsu were shattered. Everything was now wasted. She was so devastated.

"Oh...I...I'm sorry...for bothering you." Elizabeth muttered.

She turned around quickly and ran away from them. She tried to hold back the tears until she could be alone, but she just couldn't. The humiliation and pain of her aching heart were too much for her to hold in.

Once Natsu was sure Elizabeth was far enough away, he finally released Happy. By now the he was really annoyed. He crossed his little arms and scowled at Natsu.

"What was that for? I was just going to joke around. Besides, I thought you were going to be more honest about your feelings." Happy hissed.

"I am!" Natsu retorted.

Happy raised an eyebrow, knowing full well that the dragon slayer had yet to confess or make a move of any kind.

"...I will. But you saw her too. I wasn't going to let you tell her about Lucy. Do you want her trying to impersonate Lucy too? Who knows what else she would do to try and take her place?" Natsu argued.

Happy's eyes widened. He hadn't thought of that once the teasing plan overtook his mind. Now he was grateful that Natsu stopped him. If this girl was willing to go this far as Lisanna, they didn't want to know what she would try with Lucy.

"Right. Sorry about that." Happy apologized sheepishly.

"Ah, forget it. Let's just get home." Natsu replied.

"Aye sir!" Happy chirped.

So, they continued on their way to their little house on the edge of Magnolia.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth had arrived back in her hotel room. She was a tearful mess by this point and dramatically flung herself into the bed, burying her face into the plush pillows.

After several long sobs, she calmed down and flipped onto her back. Her eyes glued to the ceiling as she proceeded everything all over again.

Elizabeth couldn't believe her plan had failed so miserably. She had done so much research and planning from the moment she saw him.

"H-how? How could I not know any of that?" Elizabeth muttered to herself.

She gave up wiping away the new tears that fell free, for she knew these wouldn't be the last.

"I thought that I knew everything about him...about him and Fairy Tail. But...I was wrong...so very very wrong. He doesn't love her...he doesn't even love anyone..." Elizabeth trailed off.

The room fell quiet as she slowly proceeded the last bit of her words.

"He doesn't love anyone." Elizabeth repeated.

My Fairy Tail one shots (still on going)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें