Chapter 115: National Competition

Start from the beginning

Among the applauding students below, Zhang Lu clapped the most enthusiastically. After all, the person on the podium was her younger brother, and she felt especially proud of his first prize.

Cen Huai'an was called away by Teacher Jiang with his certificate, while Tang Song returned to his seat alone. 

He sat behind Zhang Lu, who had stopped applauding and turned to look at Tang Song, whose mood seemed less elevated.

"You won the second prize, it's too impressive! Second prize gets you extra points in the college entrance exam."

Tang Song put away the certificate and said, "Yes."

While it was true, there was still a sense of disappointment in Tang Song's heart. His ultimate goal was to participate in the national math competition, but currently, his abilities fell short.

Tang Song picked up his pen again to solve problems. Zhang Lu felt that at this moment, he seemed to have changed yet remained the same, but his speed in solving problems had indeed increased significantly.

Suddenly, Zhang Lu felt a sense of urgency, silently turned around, and quickly started working on her own problems. Although she didn't place too much emphasis on competition results, she didn't want to be considered an underachiever in the class of top students.

Meanwhile, Cen Huai'an, called away by Teacher Jiang, was going to discuss the matter of participating in the national competition.

Teacher Jiang held a list and looked down, saying, "Cen Huai'an, apart from winning the first prize in the city competition, there are two other students in the senior year who also won first prizes. The three of you will participate together in the national math competition. Therefore, the school will provide special training for you. After your classes, go to Room 101 on the first floor of the building behind for your lessons."

"Teacher, are only the three of us attending the class?"

"No, that's the classroom for the senior year math Olympiad class."

Of course, Cen Huai'an and the other two seniors participating in the national competition would have a different learning pace. They would be given more challenging papers, and the teacher would provide individual explanations to them.

After Teacher Jiang finished speaking, Cen Huai'an frowned and asked, "Can I not go?"

He enjoyed his time in the sophomore math class and didn't want to switch to a different environment.

"No, it won't work. Your progress is different from the sophomores, and it would be a hindrance there. Besides, I'm also teaching math for seniors, so you don't need to worry."

Cen Huai'an wasn't afraid, but hearing Teacher Jiang's tone of non-negotiation, he knew he had to make the move to the senior class.

"Teacher, how long do I need to stay in the senior class?" 

Cen Huai'an didn't ask if he could avoid going but instead inquired about when he could return.

"Until the conclusion of the national math competition," Teacher Jiang said. "But, as you know, with your level, the senior class is more suitable for you in the third year."

Cen Huai'an replied, "I can excel in any class." His tone was not arrogant but rather a casual confidence.

Teacher Jiang nodded, "I know."

That's why he agreed to let Cen Huai'an return to the sophomore class after finishing the national math competition.

After looking at Teacher Jiang for a while and confirming that he wouldn't change his mind, Cen Huai'an stopped talking.