Part Five

Reader pov

Beep! Beep!

I sighed and rolled over in bed, slamming my hand on my phone. Slowly sitting up, I rubbed a hand down my face. I look at my clock and notice I slept through my first alarm. Sighing once more I realize I won't have time for a morning run. I get up and start putting on my uniform, brushing my hair, and pulling on my socks.

"You two are on house arrest," A voice all but shrieked from the common area. I quirked an eyebrow while making some breakfast. 

"I-it's nothing, really," Midoriya squeaked in response. Wait a second.

I stormed into the room and saw Bakugo angrily vacuuming. I grabbed his arm and dragged him to a secluded area outside. 

"What the hell," the feral blonde shouted, pulling his arm away. 

I turned to face him. "What did you do," I demanded. 

Bakugo's face turned red. "None of your fucking business, that's what."

"Bakugo, I'm serious." I stared at him, waiting for an answer. 

"Why the hell do you care," He asked, taking a threatening step closer. "It's not like we're friends."

"Because you're important to me," I shouted. "I care about you!"

Bakugo froze for a fraction of a second before his expression morphed into anger. "Whatever," He scoffed, storming back inside. 

I did the same after a few minutes. I quickly ate my breakfast and then went to school. So what if I'm a bit early, I don't think I could stand another minute of that. When I got to class I was the only one so I sat in my seat and read a book. After a while the class started to fill up until only Bakugo and Midoriya were gone. 

"We have an assembly today. I really don't want to teach you so we're going," Aizawa yawned. 

Why am I not surprised. The class stood up and got into the proper formation as Iida instructed. We started walking to the field when someone interrupted us. 

"Wow, I thought class 1a is supposed to be so much better than us. No one in our class failed the provisional license exam but I heard two of you guys failed! You must be so embarrassed," Monoma bragged, a hand on his face while he doubled over in laughter. 

I don't know how it happened. One second I'm minding my own business on my phone, the next I'm across the hall, my hand on fire, and Monoma on the floor holding his inflamed cheek. His face is scrunched up in either anger or pain and a much bigger part of me than I'm willing to admit is hoping it's the latter. 

Monoma looks like he's about to shout when someone asks, "Can you guys get out of the way? Some of us have more important things to do than chat and start fights in the hallways."