Chapter 105: Check in, Ointment

Start from the beginning

"It's very close to Yun Meng Ze here. Let's have lunch at my place."

The distance between No. 4 High School and Yun Meng Ze was no more than three kilometers, and it only took a few minutes by car.

When Zhang Lu and Cen Huai'an chose to attend high school here, this was also one of the reasons. If there was anything they needed at school, they could go directly to Jiang Zhida's place in Yun Meng Ze.

Chu Xia had no objections; she looked at Cen Zhengnian, and he nodded too.

As they walked out, Zhang Lu and Cen Huai'an chatted. Gradually, the two walked ahead, while Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian walked at the back.

"Let me hold the umbrella," Cen Zhengnian offered. He reached out towards Chu Xia, his clearly defined knuckles covering the back of her hand, radiating a man's distinct warmth.

Chu Xia quickly glanced ahead, gave Cen Huai'an a stern look, released his hand, and lowered her voice, "Be mindful of your actions at school."

She knew that Cen Zhengnian always liked to subtly showcase their good relationship in front of others. While Chu Xia enjoyed it, she was more prone to shyness. So, when Cen Zhengnian went too far, she would warn him.

"No one saw us," Cen Zhengnian's voice was somewhat deep. He tilted the umbrella towards Chu Xia, covering her completely, while he exposed most of himself to the sun. However, he didn't seem to mind.

Chu Xia understood his sense of propriety, but sometimes such public displays of intimacy made her uncomfortable.

"The people we were talking about in the dormitory just now, were they the ones you didn't like when you lived in the residential complex?"

Cen Zhengnian had a good memory, and based on people's reactions and Chu Xia's attitude, he could recall who they were.

Chu Xia was friendly to many people, even strangers, with courtesy. However, her attitude towards Guan Yan's family was so chilly that even Cen Zhengnian could sense something was amiss. This left a deep impression on him.

"Yeah," Chu Xia's brows furrowed when talking about Guan Yan's family. "Let's not mention them; it's a downer."

Cen Zhengnian originally wanted to inquire if Guan Yan's family had mistreated her and An'an in the past, but judging by Chu Xia's attitude, it didn't seem likely. Moreover, Chu Xia seemed reluctant to talk about it, so he suppressed his curiosity.

As the car was outside No. 4 High School, the window was opened, and with the breeze flowing in, the interior instantly became cool.

Indeed, the distance between Yun Meng Ze and No. 4 High School was short. Chu Xia felt like they had just started talking in the car when it came to a halt, and the gate of Yun Meng Ze appeared before them.

Jiang Zhida had already informed his friend who was managing the place today, so as soon as they entered, they went straight to the reserved private room. In less than a minute, his friend, Tu Hongxiao, came over.

"Brother Dazi, An'an, Lu Lu..."

Tu Hongxiao was a man of few words. Of medium height and average looks, he almost blended into the crowd. Among Jiang Zhida's friends, he was considered a reliable and stable person.

Zhang Lu and Cen Huai'an often visited Yun Meng Ze during the summer vacation, sometimes with friends and sometimes just the two of them. Therefore, the friends of Jiang Zhida who ran Yun Meng Ze were familiar with these two kids and liked them a lot.

"Uncle Tu," Zhang Lu and Cen Huai'an called out obediently.

After the greetings, Zhang Lu immediately asked him with a friendly tone, "Uncle Tu, do you have buttered abalone snails today?"