Chapter 98: Cooperation, Independent Consultation

Start from the beginning

Her grandfather not only taught her but also his disciples. However, even with the recipes, without actual training in traditional Chinese medicine, she couldn't produce the medicines listed in the recipes. The production of medicine also required specific techniques.

Chu Xia hesitated on whether to entrust Jiang Zhishu with these recipes. In the past, there were people who wanted to cooperate with her grandfather, but he held traditional beliefs and insisted that the recipes could only be passed down to family members and not to outsiders, except to his disciples.

In many families that inherit traditional Chinese medicine, there is a common belief. It extends beyond just Chinese medicine and applies to many other skills. This has resulted in the discontinuation of many ancient practices when the sole inheritor passes away without passing on the knowledge.

Moreover, in Chu Xia's case, she is not the only one in her family, and considering the significant collaboration with Jiang Zhishu, both Cen Zhengnian and Cen Huai'an should be aware of it.

Chu Xia thus convened a small family meeting specifically to discuss the collaboration on medicinal recipes.

She couldn't reasonably bring out all the recipes. Currently, Jiang Zhishu was only interested in the sunburn ointment recipe, so Chu Xia intended to present only that one.

"This recipe was something I privately developed while studying. It has proven to be very effective, but I have never allowed outsiders to use it. Now, Big Cousin is interested in this recipe. What do you think about me collaborating with him?"

Chu Xia couldn't reveal that it was a family heritage from her past life, so she phrased it differently.

Cen Huai'an glanced at Cen Zhengnian and then at Chu Xia. He spoke first, "Mom, I'll support whatever you choose.."

Since it's Mom's own recipe, she can decide what to do with it. Dad and him don't have the right to make that decision.

Cen Zhengnian also nodded, "It's a recipe you developed yourself. You decide, and I have the same opinion as An'an."

He held Chu Xia's hand to convey his sentiments.

Chu Xia looked at the two of them and couldn't help but smile, "With both of you like this, there's no way to conduct a family meeting."

Cen Huai'an said, "But Mom, it's your recipe. Dad and I deciding for you wouldn't be fair."

Chu Xia couldn't express her true feelings. If this recipe truly was her own creation, she wouldn't be in such a dilemma. 

She waved her hand, letting the two go take a shower, "Let me think about it on my own."

Cen Zhengnian looked at her troubled expression. Although he didn't know what she was concerned about, he stood up, following her wishes. He reached out, using his thumb to massage her hair, "Don't think too much. Do it according to your own thoughts."

Cen Huai'an also said, "Mom, I don't want to see you worried."

Chu Xia patted Cen Huai'an's head, "Alright, I understand."

Once the two left, Chu Xia looked at the water in her cup and muttered to herself, "Grandpa, do you want me to reveal the recipe?"

In the summer, many flowers bloom. Every day, Chu Xia would pick some beautiful wildflowers or cut a few rose branches from the backyard to put in a vase on the table.

Today, the rose in the vase fell victim to Chu Xia's contemplation.

"Grandpa, if you agree, this flower will be an odd number."