fifteen

Bailey stood off to the side next to Elton while Brandon stood facing the wall. He had a beanie pulled over his eyes and the headphones on with the volume so loud that Bailey could hear it from where she was standing.

"What do you want with us?" Corey asks with his hands on top of his head. Brandon responded "I heard 'Peter'" in a very low voice. The rem pod started beeping in beats. Kind of like a rhythm making the group look down at it.

"Are you touching the rem pod?" Corey asks another question.

"Four" Brandon said. Then he said quite urgently "Get out". Bailey could hear the fear in Brandon's voice when he said this. She's honestly surprised that he didn't pull a Corey and yank the headphones off his head.

The rem pod continued to beep in that rhythmic pattern as Elton asked "Why are you here?" and
"What is your purpose?" There was no response from the man with a man bun up until Corbin asked "Are you evil?"

Not even a second later, Brandon was removing the headphones and beanie repeating "no" over and over again. "'Devil' was the last one and that was fucking it." was all he could say as the other guys tried to get more answers out of him. Brandon held the headphone-covered beanie in his hand as the guys explained what was asked.

Bailey looked down at the rem pod with her arms crossed as it continued to beep saying "Corbin had just asked 'Are you evil' and then you immediately took the headphones off. Like there was no space in between those two things."

Brandon just looks at Bailey in shock with a hand on his head. He then hands the headphones to Corbin and explains "'Get out' I can take that one but followed by 'devil', no."

He then walks over to Bailey and stands behind her in his designated spot, wrapping his arms around her, just above her shoulders. He takes his hat off of her head and puts it back onto his own, receiving a glare from the small girl.

"I didn't say you could have that back." She teases. "Good thing I didn't ask for permission."

After Corbin had his turn with the headphones, Corey put them back on just to freak out and yank them off again. Bailey grabbed the headphones and sat back down on the crated floor with her legs crossed. She pulled the beanie over her eyes once more and turned the spirit box on.

Bailey was stuck listening to the static once more. Nothing was clear enough to say and make sense of.

"You're the one" she stated after finally getting a clear response. Another came shortly after. "Pissed off"

"Go." The small girl felt something on her ankle but continued to stay where she was. It felt like someone had their hand wrapped around her with their nails digging into her skin. "Where'd you like" was the next thing that came out. The squeezing feelings got tighter and tighter to the point that she moved her foot and swatted her hand at her ankle thinking it was a bug biting her or something.

"Get down." and "Who are you?" made her brows furrow ever so slightly. Nothing was making much sense.

The static got louder which surprised the small girl considering she had it at its highest volume setting. "Thirty-two."

"Here for you."

"Thirty-two" was said two more times back to back. The squeezing feeling got even tighter to the point that Bailey winced in pain. She brought the beanie over one of her eyes and saw nothing around her foot. No one was touching her.

Bailey removed the beanie and headphones from her head and laid them on the crated floor beside her.

"What? What's wrong?" her older brother asked walking toward her.