fourteen

Bailey's eyes opened ever so slowly to the feeling of being shaken. Brandon was crouched in front of her with his hand on her shoulder moving it back and forth.

"Love come on. Let's go get some food" he whispered to her, watching as her eyes opened slightly and closed over and over again.

"I'm not hungry" she mutters bringing blankets closer to her body.

"You gotta eat love. Come on. Don't make me carry you downstairs"

"Don't threaten me with a good time" Bailey responded with her eyes opened with a small, giddy smile plastered to her lips.

Brandon just chuckled at the girl and moved the blanket off of her. "Come on," he said standing up and putting his arms out for the girl.

Bailey stood up from the bed and placed both of her hands on Brandon's shoulders and jumped. Brandon's hands grabbed onto the back of Bailey's thighs and hoisted her up some more so she didn't fall while he walked.

"You are now my designated carrier" Bailey muttered into Brandon's neck making him chuckle.

"I can live with that" he replied walking down the stairs carefully.

When the pair made it outside Corey started laughing at the two. "She has you wrapped around her finger bro"

"Oh he's simping" Corbin added on.

Brandon put Bailey down and she smiled tucking hair behind her ears and sitting next to Corey.

There was a hole in the center of the group and Elton looked at Brandon "we tried starting a fire and it wouldn't work so we waited so you could do it"

Brandon sprayed some lighter fluid onto the wood that was in the hole and threw a lit match into the pit. The wood engulfed in flames sent a red and yellow glow over Bailey's face.

The small girl stood up and went to one of the bags to grab something to eat. "Bailey" Corey called out.

"Grab me a samich" Corey told her when she turned around. "A samich? Which one?"

"Whatever you're getting" Bailey grabbed two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and began walking back to her spot next to Corey. She placed both of their food down and attempted to sit back down but Corbin decided to scare her.

Corbin ran up behind Bailey and pushed her forward towards the fire acting like he was gonna push her into it making Bailey scream. At the last second, Corbin wrapped his arms around Bailey's waist and turned away from the fire to prevent her from falling into the flames.

"I actually thought you were gonna push her into the fire. Oh my god" Elton breathed out putting a hand to his chest with his eyes closed in relief.

"You jerk" Bailey yelled hitting Corbin on the shoulder. She crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.

"I just jumped so freakin hard. All I hear is a loud, high-pitched squeal and I thought someone died" Brandon also said relieved that Bailey was okay.

"Can I please eat in peace and not get threatened to be thrown into a fire?" Bailey asks with her arms still crossed.

Corbin nodded with a mischievous glint still on his face as the girl walked around him and back to the lawn chair where Corey and her food sat.

~~~~~

"Why would you do that?" Corbin asks Brandon.

"You're wasting all the matches?" Corey adds on chuckling.

"He's still twelve" Elton states pointing at Brandon who just gave him a childish grin. "Even that smile after I said he's still twelve is the way a twelve-year-old would smile"