XXIII*

A bell ran in the distance of Yikita Academy. Eldwin sighed as he hiked the strap of his backpack up and proceeded inside. The events of everything that had happened over the last few weeks played in the back of his mind. There was one thing he couldn't shake off tho. Why had his teacher never showcased his powers before? Eldwin kept his head low as he walked towards his locker. There was someone or something following him, and the teacher knows it too. Just when he thought he had everything figured out one way or the other, something new happens and takes him by surprise.

Reaching his locker, he opened the door and placed what items that weren't needed within. His body shook as exhaustion threatened to overwhelm him. He knew he had to take it easy from being in the hospital but he just wanted things to go back the way they were before all this madness started. Picking his head up, he glanced down the hallway and watched as many people walked on talking and laughing. Kirk wasn't around to terrine the halls anymore so why wouldn't they be smiling?

"Eldwin Carmichael, please report to your teacher's office." A voice echoed through the halls from the loudspeaker. Everyone paused and glanced toward him. He felt heat rise to his face as they looked. Now, more than just Kirk would have a reason to bully him he feared. Closing his locker, he turned away, shoved his hands in his pockets, and continued down the hall, he walked into people who stopped gawking at him and disappeared altogether. He never really understood why, but Mr. del Mastro had an office that felt dank and dark, even smelled like mold just like you would expect out of a poorly kept basement.

Sucking in a deep breath, Eldwin stared at the door. It was a dark brown with a glass in the middle and Alfred Del Mastro painted on the pane with golden lettering. Footsteps moved from the other side. They would get louder than disappear as if his teacher was pacing. "I know, Sari. I have to do this for his protection." He heard his teacher from the other side. "I called him into the office to run the idea past him, I will be as vague as possible. My brother is a most worrisome warrior. I am afraid of what he would do to my son if he had the chance. I told you what happened to the others, correct? I fear for Eldwin. If you can get the slip back to me, so I can take him out of the country then please do. I'll sign it myself once I get back."

Eldwin reached for the door but stopped before staring at the door. His teacher was talking to his mother and taking him out of the country. Why would she ever let the teacher remove him like that? What did he mean by his son? He certainly wasn't aware he had any children. Chills shot up his spine as brother echoed through his mind. That thing that had been following him, Azeal, he had called him once, was his brother? The world around him began spinning causing him to take a step back. "He's here, I love you, Sari. Don't worry, he's in good hands." Came from the door as the knob began moving. Eldwin straightened his back but the world continued to swim in vision causing his knees to buckle.

A firm grip had been placed on his shoulder as the teacher moved behind him. Eldiwn stumbled backward into the teacher's frame before being picked up and carried inside. The teacher grunted as he placed him on a couch that was set on the other side of the wall. Laying there for what felt like forever, the room stopped spinning and his vision was clear allowing him to sit up. The room was rather small but it was long enough to hold a couch on one side of the wall with a desk at the end and across from the couch was a bookshelf. It held various books and even scrolls with random decorations placed here and there.

"Mr. Carmichael, pleased to see you feeling somewhat better. Never fear tho, I am prepared to give you all the breaks you need so you don't strain yourself."

Eldwin turned to face him and saw the teacher had a scroll spread about his desktop. His eyes moving showed that he was reading. The teen rose to his feet before falling back down. The teacher glanced up from his paper before proceeding to roll it back into itself. "Why did you call me in here?" Eldwin shoved his hands into his pockets and leaned against the back of the sofa but kept his eyes on the teacher.