𝘚𝘪𝘹

Two years have gone by and the War was far from over before it even began. The crabfeeders army was winning. Lord Corlys' army had many casualties and had asked for aid from the King but to not avail, there was no response. Daemon and Viserra had to use their dragons more in the war but of course Daemon would rather have Viserra back at camp safe. This was another night of many loss where the survivors were sat around either resting or training for the next battle.

Viserra and Laenor were one of the pairs who were duelling. When Viserra had the upper hand she knocked the sword out of Laenor's hand.

"You lost again cousin," she smirked, "I'm sure Daemon will help you with your technique again."
Viserra watched Laenor as he pulled himself up from the ground after being repeatedly knocked to the ground by Viserra. Sweat covered the princess' hair, which stuck to her forehead as she panted and her cheeks turned red. The princess had a grin of pure excitement on her face as Laenor shook his head and said, "I'm not done yet."
Laenor charged at Viserra repeatedly. The fire in his eyes made her laugh with such amusement. They have been duelling nonstop for around three hours because they skipped dinner.

Laenor tried to ignore the discomfort in his left shoulder as he continued to duel, "You said you'll take it easy on me," he yelled.
She had much more battle experience than he did, and nothing he did seemed to be able to knock her down.
Laenor completely gave up, smashing himself on the ground on his back with a loud thud as Viserra also started laughing at his remark. The princess did little more than shake her head as she followed her cousin's lead and neatly laid down her sword on the grassy area.

Everything felt at peace as they both sat on the hard ground and looked up at the stars above them. Each of them was lost in their own thoughts as they both took pleasure in the other's company. Laenor turning his attention from the stars to the women next to him was the only thing that shattered the silence.

He had declared boldly, "I will defeat you one day, I will win." Viserra rose from the ground and picked up her sword, which had been laid neatly on the floor. As she eventually made her way to camp, she said, "Good luck, cousin," Viserra said, "like I said I'm sure Daemon will give you some pointer." She  turned around one last time.

It had only been 2 years since her and Daemon arrival to the Stepstones, which the days consisted of training, coming up with plan after plan, scheming the best strategies and burning the crab feeders with the dragons. Viserra of course would fly from the Stepstones to Kings landing at the request of her father.

Her body was covered with perspiration, grime, and caked blood, so she had just taken a wash in one of the neighbouring rivers.
She felt incredibly rejuvenated after getting in the cool water, which also improved her disposition. As they discussed their plans for the future after the war was won, she immediately realised that she was in the company of Laenor. Laenor had been babbling on and on about how much he missed his own bed and how happy he was to be in the embrace of his own lover at last.

Laenor had revealed his acts and the lover he had left at home, and Viserra had told him how she had wanted to pursue things further with Daemon now that she was almost seven and ten, respectively. As they continued to practise their skills with each other every day, the two cousins grew closer. Speaking about Daemon, he appeared happier and more at ease after becoming Viserra's betrothed.

As they listened to the jokes and tales the men would tell, Laenor and Viserra were now encircled by some of the men present. Viserra had finally joined the conversation when one of the men asked if she had left any one back at home. It had been about the women and fiancés that everyone had left behind back home as they were caught in the grips of war.

"Not really, I only miss my brother, sister, my best friend Johanna, I rarely see her, Harwin Strong as well as my horse," She responded while sipping her wine and observing others around her.
"Why not a lover of such?" The princess was questioned by a younger soldier who had his elbows on his knees and was drinking his own wine. She laughed at the attempt of the soldier's flirtatious behaviour.
"You see, my love is here, and he wouldn't want you flirting with me. He is a jealous man."