six

KATERINA paced the floor of her cell, her fists clenching and unclenching in a rhythmic motion as she moved, her steps even and paced, always the same number of steps going one way before she pivoted, walking the same step count as she did before. She did this continuously and those watching through the CCTV footage - Fury, Hill, Wanda and Tony - wondered what exactly it was that she was doing. She still looked like an emotionless figure, her movements sharp and perfect. Everything she did was perfect. She moved with an ease that none of them had seen before, almost as if she was floating.

However, the blank slate that was shown on the outside was not exactly what was on the inside. Katerina's mind was racing, her thoughts jumping between how angry Pierce would be if she didn't train, how angry Ivan and Madame B would be if she didn't keep her physique up. She knew that if she punched the glass, agents would rush into the room, holding her at gunpoint. No, that's not how she was going to get out of this situation and back to her commanders. She had to think this through.

Step. Step. Step. Step. Turn.

She knew that they wouldn't fall for the instantly turning to their side trick, they were smarter than that.

Step. Step. Step. Step. Turn.

If she spent a few days acting hostile and then slowly started to open up and talk to them, that could potentially work. She could get on their decent side, get let out of the cage.

Step. Step. Step. Step. Turn.

However she assumed that the cuff that sat uncomfortably around her ankle had a tracker in it, which meant she had to find a way out of the cuff first.

Step. Step. Step. Step. Turn.

She knew that if she could get her hands on at least a screwdriver or even a small knife she could pick at it until it fell off.

Step. Step. Step. Step. Turn.

The problem wasn't escaping; the problem was the cuff.

Step. Step. Step. Step.

Stop.

Katerina's body stilled as she stopped in front of the glass, her slight reflection staring back at her. She hadn't slept since she had awoken from being sedated forty-nine hours ago. Her internal clock was extremely accurate, and she knew that it had to be around one in the afternoon, even if the room her cell was in didn't have any windows. Long days in dark cells quickly taught her how to tell time, even if you couldn't look outside.

Katerina's eyes flicked over her reflection. Her eyes were a vibrant blue, no emotion present behind them. They were slightly sunken, with no spark left in them. Her complexion was smooth, her skin flawless besides the scars that appeared. Her lips were full and red, resting neutrally. She knew she was stunning, HYDRA had used it as a weapon to kill the people they deemed a threat to their organization. There were many missions that she vaguely remembered having to sleep with a man to kill him. It was purely for the mission, nothing more and nothing less. It was a mindless action for her, she didn't dare try and argue, she was devoted to HYDRA's cause.

"What's she doing," Tony questions, looking at the screen that displayed the cell Katerina was in. "Why'd she stop?"

"If I knew the answer, I'd tell you," Wanda muttered, annoyed with the fact she couldn't get into the brunette assassin's mind. Their powers were too compatible, clashing and making it difficult for Wanda to try and get into her mind.

"Maximoff, why don't you go down and try. Maybe you will find something none of us can," Fury requested and Wanda just stiffly nodded, moving from her seat and making her way into the elevator, allowing her nerves to run freely whilst she was inside. She wasn't particularly excited about being in the same room as a woman who had killed thousands of people, alone and without one of her teammates with her, even if there was bulletproof glass between them.