t h i r t y - o n e

Su Ji convinced In Seong to let him go outside. In Seong hesitated, for sure. He didn't want Su Ji to go out there, but Su Ji said he was ready to see the outside world again. In Seong did as his best friend asked. Su Ji followed closely behind In Seong as they walked through the shelter. No one was paying attention to them as they left. In Seong removed the flashlight from his bag.

In Seong didn't normally leave at night, but he figured it would only be for a few minutes. He'd take the sword out, just in case there were monsters around. In Seong heard about what happened at the stadium today, well, the rumors about what happened outside.

Su Ji overheard from Chief Ji's mouth that someone tried to run. It didn't take long for the survivors to find out who was missing from their groups. The next rumor was that specific survivor who tried to run was turning into a monster. Whatever the case was... people were on edge.

Su Ji was huffing and puffing as they walked down the tunnel. "No wonder it took you so long at times." Su Ji said.

"Well, the night we almost missed roll call was because Eun Yoo took a nap. We had a bad run with monsters, we were beat." In Seong said.

"How often do you run into monsters?" Su Ji asked.

In Seong shrugged. "Not that often these days. The monster population seems to be decreased." In Seong answered honestly. "I'm not sure why, maybe the military has been taking care of them. But it is odd." In Seong stated.

Su Ji wanted to say something, but he stopped himself. It was stupid to say In Seong was concerned about the monster population, but he was basically in love with one. Of course In Seong was interested in why the monsters didn't seem to be very active right now.

In Seong stopped, causing Su Ji to bump into his back. In Seong didn't mind.

He looked up, pointing the flashlight up to the ceiling of the tunnel. He handed the light to Su Ji, telling him to keep his hand right where it was. Su Ji looked up, seeing a bag that was hanging off the ceiling. In Seong jumped up, removing the bag from the makeshift hook.

In Seong dropped the bag to the ground to reveal the jingum. Su Ji's eyes widened. "Where the fuck did you find that?" Su Ji asked, shining the flashlight down into the bag.

In Seong pulled out the sword with a smile. "That would be a secret, Su Ji." In Seong wasn't going to tell Su Ji where he found the sword. That was going to be between him and Eun Yoo.

Su Ji saw the state of the sword – there was still dried blood on it from the attack that In Seong experienced today. And the sword was still damp from the rain earlier. In Seong shook off the sword, tossing the bag off to the side.