t w e n t y - o n e

•

In Seong rested his weight against Su Ji's shoulder.

At this point, no one knew where they were headed. In Seong wasn't even sure if the soldiers knew. They were just driving away to get the fuck out of there before anything else happened to them. They had already left behind two residents who made it out with them. In Seong had no idea where they ran off to or if they were safe.

The truck came to another abrupt stop, this time on the outskirts of town. It was completely abandoned. In Seong looked around to see what was out there – there were cars that looked to be left as soon as someone saw their first monster. The driver's doors were flung open and left open. There were cars that crashed into others. But what really got to In Seong was the silence.

At least at Green Home, they could hear the growling or snarling of the monsters, but right now, In Seong couldn't hear a goddamn thing. Except for one of the soldiers who was chewing out the soldier who was driving. He was also punching and kicking him for almost getting them killed back there, but they needed to get Eun Yoo into the truck before they left that tunnel.

"Man, even soldiers have it rough." Seung Wan said.

In Seong rolled his eyes. "No, that guy's just a massive prick."

Hye In suddenly remembered something. "Bom..." In Seong hadn't even noticed that Hye In didn't have her dog with her. She stood up, calling out for Bom, not that he'd hear her from where they were. They were too far from the tunnel for him to come to her shouts. Not that he came in the first place, she lost him back in Green Home too.

"Hey, who gives a fuck where you dog is, huh?" Jae Hwan snapped.

Hye In turned suddenly to Jae Hwan. "How dare you! You'd be dead if it wasn't for Bom. I saw you back there! You didn't lift a finger, did you?" In Seong couldn't stop his eyes from rolling again. It was about time the remaining residents fought, they were in close quarters for so long, they needed to get their anger out somehow.

"So what? What's wrong with that, huh?" Jae Hwan honestly was someone In Seong wished stayed behind.

Su Ji looked to In Seong, leaning into his ear. "Are they always like this?" When In Seong spoke about his neighbors (which wasn't often unless he was complaining about the noise), they seemed civil enough. But what Su Ji was seeing... it was anything but civil.

"The fresh air is making them fucking nuts."

"In Seong, language, please." Jin Ok scolded.

"Stop it, guys, please. This isn't the time!"

"What's going to happen to us now?" Seung Wan asked. In Seong turned his head to Eun Yoo when he saw her move out of the corner of his eye. He saw her pull out a gun – it looked like the gun from the soldier that shot himself. "Hey, why do you-"