Q

SHE KEPT ON staring at the picture shown on her screen

SHE KEPT ON staring at the picture shown on her screen. She adjusted her eyeglasses and read the message again, reading each word. Pero sumakit lang ang ulo niya.

Within this picture lies a message you need to uncover. . . 

What message?! Damn!

"Stress na stress ka 'ata, ah?"

Mabilis siyang nag-switch window nang marinig ang boses ni Dane, ang ka-workmate niya. May hawak itong kape habang nakatingin sa kanya at kunot ang noo.

Fuck. Dane is right. Who wouldn't be stressed because of this fucking game?

She shook her head and tapped it, trying to erase those things in her mind, and let out a sigh.

She looked at her behind her computer and fixed her curtain bangs. "May pinagawa lang ang boss." Sumandal siya sa swivel chair at kunyari ay naghikab. "Buti natapos ko na."

Bigla itong napangiti at umayos ng tayo habang bitbit ang tasa ng kape. "Nice! Sa labas na tayo kakain ng lunch. Nagyaya si Gary."

Napatingin siya sa laptop at napaisip sa picture. Ayaw niyang sumama, pero alam niyang maghihinala ang mga ito.

Wala na siyang magawa kundi ang tumango at ngumiti rito. She will just solve the cryptic message once she got home. Ayaw niya munang isipin iyon nang todo. Baka tuluyan na siyang mabaliw.

She needs to freshen up her mind. Baka sa gano'ng paraan, makakapag-isip siya nang maayos.

"Hihintayin ka namin sa lobby, ah!"

Tumango lang siya sa kasama, and she left while sipping her coffee. She closed her laptop and grabbed her things before leaving her cubicle.

HINDI SIYA MAPAKALI habang kumakain. She feels as if someone is staring at her from afar. Tumataas ang balahibo niya sa batok, making her shift on her seat every damn time.

Shit. She doesn't feel safe.

"Okay ka lang?" Gary asked, concern flashing in his black eyes.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and gave him a smile, trying to shrug her feelings off. Her heart is jumping inside her rib cage frantically, and it's making her stomach twist.

Fuck. Someone is staring at her. She could feel it.

Hindi niya ipinahalata ang kanyang nararamdaman sa mga ito. Her workmates are looking skeptically at her, and that made her want to lie more.

She nodded at them. "Yeah. Ano," she licked her lower lip and adjusted her eyeglasses, "nabo-bother lang ako. Feeling ko kasi hindi masyadong mahigpit ang na-implement kong VPN, para sana ma-prevent ang data leaks. 'Yong mga clients at cases natin ang delikado nito."

But of course not! Confident siya roon, but she couldn't tell them the real reason why she felt so bothered.

Napairap si Dane habang kumakain, habang si Gary naman ay napabuntonghininga na para bang nakahinga ito nang maluwag.