Y/n: Don't forget about the blood-flavored lollipops for Halloween.

(Harry nods, picking quietly through the spray of brilliantly colored sweets on the table. Y/n notices)

Y/n: I mean, after awhile, it got a bit boring. Don't you two think so?

Hermione: Oh yeah. Totally.

Ron: Huh? Oh. Yeah. Dead depressing. Hang on. I almost forgot. I got you something wicked at Dervish and Banges. It's a Pocket Sneakoscope.

(Ron places a small glass spinning top on the table)

Ron: If there's someone untrustworthy around, it's meant to light up and spin.

(Just when he says that the Sneakoscope starts lightning up and spinning. Ron, Hermione and Harry look at it confused while Y/n scoffs quietly)

Hermione: Why is it going off?

Harry: Don't know.

Y/n: Let me see it.

(Harry hands Y/n the Sneakoscope, Y/n takes out his wand and taps it once, making it stop)

Y/n: It was a little faulty but it should be fine now.

(Y/n hands it back to Harry)

Harry: Thanks.

Ron: Fred and George did say it's rubbish, sold for wizard tourists, but I thought, you know, it can't hurt, given that...

Harry: Sirius Black's trying to kill me.

(Harry looks up, grins at the three of them)

Harry: I'm glad you had a good time. Really. And thanks for this.

(Harry starts eyeing the Sneakoscope)

Harry: Rubbish or not, you're right. It can't hurt.

(With that, Harry pops a pepper imp into his mouth)

Y/n: Oh, careful of those, they'll make your...

(On cue, smoke curls from Harry's ears and nose)

Y/n: Never mind.

Moving Staircase - Seventh Floor Corridor

(As Y/n, Harry, Ron, and Hermione climb the stairs, they find a crowd gathering on the Seventh Floor landing)

Ron: What's the hold-up? Only Neville ever forgets the password.

(Percy pushes past the crowd)

Percy: Let me through, please. Excuse me, thank you, I'm Head Boy...

(He stops dead)

Percy: Back! All of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched!

(Y/n, Harry, Ron, and Hermione exchange dark glances, when Ginny emerges from the crowd, her face ashen)

Ginny: The Fat Lady... she's gone.

Y/n: She's gone?

Ron: Probably stuffing her face with the apples in that still life on the second floor again.

Ginny: No. You don't understand --

(Hermione gasps and grabs Y/n's hand. He looks and sees that the Fat Lady's portrait has been slashed viciously, great strips of canvas hanging from the frame. Just then, Dumbledore appears)

Dumbledore: Mr. Filch. Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every paintingin the castle for the Fat Lady.

(Just then, there is a scream. The students dash to the landing, where all the painting whisper fearfully. Filch's rheumy eyes peer up, searching the upper shadows, then... narrow)