CHAPTER - 4 (PURGE PART - 1)

Magsimula sa umpisa

Those words, which were unheard by Carol, have been roaming around her mind, since she is soon turning eighteen.

The little naughty girl, who was once childish, is a proper woman now. With long black hair, ocean-blue eyes, and strawberry cheeks, she looks irresistible as she waits and worries for someone during the spring season.

"Two years have passed, but still no news about him," Carol says in a slow voice as she looks out of the window.
Her black hair flutters in the air as she looks outside sadly.

"Come on, Carol. Pick out a dress already. Mother is having a headache because it's only one week until your birthday and your engagement," Chloe enters Carol's room.

"Only one week? It's a whole week, little sister. And why do they have to set the engagement date on my birthday? I wanted to enjoy it properly," Carol flops on the sofa while sulking.

"Can't help it, you know Duke Lanchester is very stingy. He must want to save petty money on your birthday," Chloe laughs, joking about it.

"You are right! They are so cheap, even though they are the richest in the kingdom. They come just below the royal family in wealth, but still so cheap. I hope his son, Leon Lanchester, isn't like that. Otherwise, how am I supposed to live my whole life with him?" Carol worriedly says.

"I don't think so. He isn't like his father, that's why Father agreed to the wedding," Chloe assures Carol.

"I don't know why he chose me. I mean, if he wanted a beautiful girl, wouldn't you be better, my sister? Look at you, your platinum silver hair and blue eyes are to die for!" Carol describes Chloe's beauty as Chloe laughs about it.

"But still, I feel weird having an engagement in the midst of war." Carol says with a sad look.

"Why are you sad? Don't you know who is leading the war? It's our war-crazy, mad dog crown prince. I know, Carol, you say you hate the crown prince, but he is your one and only friend, even if you don't say it," Chloe pets Carol's head. Carol gets emotional and puts her head on Chloe's lap.

I have to stay at Lancaster Mansion after the engagement. God knows how much I am going to miss you, Chloe!" Carol hugs Chloe. They both get emotional.

Suddenly, a maid runs to them with happiness.

"My lady, what a blessed day today is! The crown prince... CROWN PRINCE DIED IN THE WAR!"

Carol stands up in shock.

"What did you say?"

"Yes, my lady. The war ended with victory, but the crown prince was too injured in the war and couldn't make it alive. God blessed us, finally we are free from that calamity." The maid says with happiness all over her face, laughing.

Carol steps forward and slaps her face, glaring at her.

"Guards, take her away and never let me see her again." Carol says with anger.

She stands still for a long time until Chloe hugs her from behind...

"It's fine, Carol. It's fine. Maybe this is just a rumor."

"I don't care about him, but let me tell you, Carol, that trash prince isn't that easy to die. Otherwise, I would have killed him myself. He is a hard nut to crack. Wait for... wait for a few days, and he will come back with his irritating smile... I... I am telling you..." Raindrops like tears flowed down her face as she said those words. Chloe silently consoled her.
.

.

------------
.

.
.
.

LABIANCA KINGDOM:-

"SO... EVERYTHING IS PREPARED?" Red eyes, redder than the blood of more than a thousand bodies scattered around him, he asked with a merciless voice as he stepped on those bodies one by one with black boots drenched in blood.

He then sits on the throne of the Labianca kingdom. There were a bunch of people kneeling in front of him, crying and begging.

"The great prince of Rouse, show mercy... show mercy... I can give you all my daughters, they are all virgins, untouched," the king of Labianca growls at his feet.

"Sometimes I wonder, are all of you who claim to be royal, blue blood, like this? Wherever you feel frightened, you use your blood as shields..." Ragnarok puts his foot on his face, dragging him on the ground.

"Incompetent fool, couldn't kill me even when joined hands with King Henry. Throw them in the dark forest, my pets haven't had snacks for a while now."

"Your Highness, all preparations are done. Everyone in the kingdom is celebrating the victory and your death. Duke Leon Lanchester is getting engaged to Carol Idris Beth." A man in armor with a black cloak says while kneeling to his lord.

"I see... then I must pay a visit to my only friend and give her a birthday present she can never forget.

It's time for the purge, Cerberus." Ragnarök, wearing a full black armor dripping in blood, looks up at the sky and smiles.

THANKS FOR READING.
DO GIVE A STAR AND COMMENT YOUR FAV PART.