Chapter 12

Ranpo's eyes widened as he stood there in shock, he wasn't expecting Mori to get a copy of the contract.

He only watched as Atsushi lunged at the raven haired, failing to snatch the contract, merely getting kicked in the stomach by Elise who stood beside Mori, who looked like he won the lottery three times in a row.

"Seems like your Agency has failed miserably."

A laughter echoed in the office as Mori looked up as the voice said coldly, "They didn't fail."

The boss of the port mafia smiled, "Dazai-kun, I've been looking for you everywhere. Where have you been?"

Dazai shrugged, "You'll just have to up your security level next time. They're useless if they can't even catch me."

The raven's eyes narrowed, "I'll take note of that." His smile faltered when he heard the curses mumbled behind him by the guards.

"Dazai..." Ranpo muttered as the brunette passed him with the ginger giving him a confident side glance.

The brunette smiled at the detective, "You guys did well."

Mori sighed, "Should've known you were still in contact with them. How disappointing. It seems I've win this time."

"You haven't." Chuuya claimed as he crossed arms akimbo.

"Chuuya, I expected more from you."

The ginger rolled using eyes, nodding in acknowledgment.

"Chibi doesn't follow orders from someone he claims unworthy of his loyalty and trust." Dazai smiles, a calm and composed one that gave nothing away but Mori knew better than that."

"Nevermind that. Explain what you said."

Not wanting to dwell on that fact that his trusted executive had betrayed him any longer, he questioned the duo who once had served under him.

"That signature on the contract isn't real."

Mori blinked in surprise before chuckling, "I saw you sign this paper Dazai. I even checked it with your other contracts and its the same. Had the research team do a scan as well."

The Ada gasped at the many steps that Mroi took to ensure Dazai was staying in the port mafia.

"If I remembered properly..." the brunette started as he smirked, having memorised this line before continuing.

"The contract must be signed by the petitioner's legible hand."

The raven haired glanced at the contract in his hand before humming, "That's true."

Ranpo raised a brow.

"Legible hand means I have to write with my right hand since I'm right handed."

Ranpo chuckled to himself. He got it.

"I signed with my left hand, which means the contract isn't signed successfully."

Mori' eyes widened, he indeed saw Dazai signing the contract with his left hand. He found it weird but was too overwhelmed that his plan was succeeding that he paid no mind to it.

"Mori cursed the contract in his hands as he hopped off the table he was sitting on.

The Ada immediately approached the burnette and gave him a group hug.

The ginger snickered as he took a few steps back, happy that the brunette had people who would go miles for him now.

He wasn't aware as a barrell of the gun was placed at his temple and the trigger was pressed immediately,.not giving him a second to.

Chuuya's body fell backwards with a thud as the brunette who had witnessed it happened, pulled out his own gun, relentlessly shooting at Mori who had dodged the first few bullets and took cover at behind one of the meeting chairs.

The guards took that as a cue to start shooting at the ADA members but to no avail as the ADA was far more superior than them.

The purple haired lady had thankfully rushed to the ginger side, reviving him with a nifty ability.

Before she checked on the ginger's pulse which was fortunately there.

The brunette hurriedly made his way to the ginger with the rest of the ADA members defending him from the line of bullets.

Carrying the currently unconscious ginger, thinking the agency members as he quickly hurried out of the meeting room, hoping to be able to leave to the agency.

"Stop those two noe." Mori ordered as the agency members blocked the guards from leaving the room.

"You'll have to get through us first to have Dazai-san." The white haired teenager as he knocked out a handful of guards.