Murder is the Only Option

Começar do início

"She said," Nyx mockingly raises her voice before imitating Saki's tone, "Yes! Much better! Or something."

Robin chuckles in amusement. "That's good."

"What else could you gather from these ruins, eh? I'm sure there's more to it."

"Noland's book said, 'The Great Bell hangs in the centre of the four altars,' but there's nothing here. It's gone," Robin explains with a frown. "If the Poneglyph was with the Great Bell, there's no hope of finding it here..."

"What else?" Nyx presses.

Robin continues, "That means that even at the height of its prosperity, the city tried to protect its history."

"And failed," Nyx finishes, gesturing for Robin to follow her. "But not entirely... Look." Nyx points in front of them. "Old cart tracks. Seems like something was moved from here recently. Something important."

"You mean–"

Nyx's small smile falls, morphing into a harsh glare before she holds up her hand and signals Robin to be silent. She looks over her shoulder, eyes narrowed. "Who the fuck decided to interrupt our history lesson, huh?"

Enel leans back against the wall and chortles, "Impressive, isn't it? A city that continues to exist in such glory, even in the sky... Shandora. The legendary capital can't be admired if it's in the clouds. I discovered it. My idiot predecessors didn't even notice it."

"Who are you?" Robin demands.

"I am the Kami," Enel replies simply, his blue eyes flickering to the archaeologist.

'A stupid one at that.'

Nyx and Robin glance at each other. Phantom was here?

'Sup, Nyx. Sup, Robin. Saki. Fancy seeing you here.'

'PHANTOM!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!' Saki cries dramatically. She was promptly ignored.

'Where the fuck have you been, Phantom?'

'Traumatising kami, obviously.'

Oblivious to their mental conversation, Enel continues, "I'm impressed. You must be an archaeologist from the Blue Sea. It took us several months to find these ruins."

'Yeah, because he's dumb.'

'Let me guess...You terrified him by mimicking his voice?'

'Sure did. He screamed his lungs out and fainted,' Phantom says proudly.

'Well fucking done, Gramps.'

'I told you to not call me that!!'

'Gramps really got revenge for us, huh?'

'Stop it!!'

Robin chuckles under her breath since Phantom was repeating their conversation to her. He didn't want her to be confused later on. He kinda regrets saying their entire convo, including Saki's and Nyx's jabs at him. Say, Phantom-san, how old are you? Robin asks mentally.

'Old enough,' he grumbles, miffed.

Enel still hasn't realised that the duo (technically quartet) wasn't paying him– or his monologue– much attention. "It's so much easier to find when you can read the symbols. But the gold you're looking for isn't here. You're a few years too late," he says, taking a bite of an apple and chewing loudly.

Robin snaps back to reality. She was beginning to realise why Saki always seems out of it. More than one voice in her head was distracting. "Come to think of it, I haven't seen any gold. You must have carried it away."