𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝐭𝐡 𖦷

rainy day

age: 2
mom: scarlett
dad:

-

SCARLETT'S POV
It's getting closer and closer to Christmas, we were almost a week into December and for the past few days we've had snow, and lots of it.

It's been pretty deep and my two year old daughter loves to play in it, we've been in it nearly everyday for the majority of the day, ending them days with a nice warm bath and hot chocolate.

Since it's been nice for most days, the usual weather had to make a comeback and it's now starting to rain, Y/n had been put down for her nap about half and hour ago and i didn't even want her to wake up right now because she'd be devastated to watch the snow disappear.

"Mommy!!" My two year old shouts as i'm putting away washing in my room, i close my wardrobe and make my way down to her bedroom, she's sat on her bed rubbing her eyes.

"Mommy! I wanna play in snow" She squeals reaching her arms out to me, i smile and lift her into my arms and pat her bottom whilst also rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry baby, but it's raining" I say swaying her slightly, she lets out a small whine and rests her head on my shoulder, clearly not understand that the rain will make the snow disappear.

"Are you hungry honey?" I say watching as she chews on her fingers, she nods her head and i take her fingers out her mouth and wiping them with my hoodie sleeve.

I take Y/n down to the kitchen and sit her in her chair and grab some yogurt out of the fridge and set it in front of her with her spoon, she thanks me sweetly and digs into her yogurt.

"Mommy, raining" Y/n speaks pointing out the window, i nod my head with a small smile and sit beside her with my phone as she eats her yogurt, pulling my hand so she can also see my phone, but i was only answering messages.

Y/n soon starts asking to get out her chair, so i clean her up and take her out, she instantly runs over to the door, sitting down and looking through the glass, my head rises quickly when i hear her gasp.

"Mommy! My snowman!" She cries pointing outside, the head of the snowman laying on the floor whilst the rest of its body slowly melts away as the rain becomes heavier.

"Oh darling, it's alright, it's raining so the snow has to go back home now" I say picking her up from the floor and holding her to my chest as she cries.

"But my snowman" She sobs throwing her head back, i frown and rub her back in attempt to calm her down but she just continues to cry.

"It's okay baby, it'll snow again some day" I say taking her away from the door so she can't see the snowman which is slowly disintegrating.

"I want snow now!" She sobs sliding off of my lap and laying on the floor on her back, looking up and me and crying, i place my chin in my hands where my elbows are resting on my legs as i look down at her with a pout.

"I know baby, i know. It can't always be snowing though, it has to rain and be sunny now" I say, but she just keeps crying and turns onto her stomach, crying into floor.

"Baby, it's okay" I lean down and rub her back but she places the side of her head on the floor and keeps crying which is starting to break my heart now.

"Want snow" She wails, i bend down and pick her up, letting her curl up on my lap as i wrap my arms around her, she holds onto my hoodie and plays with the strings.

"Snowman, gone" She mumbles looking up at me with her bright green eyes, i frown and nod my head stroking her face and booping her nose.

"Yes he is, but he might come back next year" I say rubbing her arm with my thumb, she nods her looks back at me hoodie, continuing to play with it.

Y/n soon gets off of my lap and goes to play with her toys whilst i put the Tv on, deciding on a Christmas movie because the Christmas mood was still here even though the snow had been blown away.

"Mommy, am i on Santa's nice list?" Y/n asks me, i hum and check my phone, i have a cool app which i can put names into wether they're on the naughty or nice list.

"Come look here baby, Santa sent me his list" I say patting the sofa, she giggles and comes over to the sofa and i help her up, pulling her into my side as i show her my phone.

"That's your name there isn't it?" I say, Y/n nods her head as she smiles and giggles as it's coloured in green which means she's on the nice list.

"Who's in the naughty list mama?" She asks me pointing to the red section.

"That's other people baby, i don't know, but you're on the nice list honey" I say rubbing her leg, she nods her head into my side and, again, holds onto my hoodie which is clearly something she likes doing and focuses her attention on the Tv in front of her.

"We can build another snowman next time mama" Y/n smiles looking up at me, i smile and nod my head agreeing with her.

"We can make him even bigger, can't we?" She asks me looking up at me with her sparkling eyes which i find very hard to say no to.

"Of course we can princess" I say with a bright smile, she smiles even bigger at me and gets onto her knees, grabbing my face and pulling our faces closer to each other whilst she smiles making my laugh.

I give her a kiss making her squeal as she covers her lips, i kiss her forehead and she moves her hands so i kiss all around her face making her rub her hands all over her face making both me and her laugh.

-

I've slept for like hours