The group knew that Dvalin was almost at his breaking point, just a few more hits and it would be over, but the dragon began to get desperate, each time his attacks were stronger but more erratic, on occasions he did not hit any of the three but rather the platform itself, getting hit hard in the process.

"We are really close! A couple of more hard hits and he's going down!" Shouted the bard towards his companions who nodded at him.

Once again, the dragon threw itself with all its might towards the platform but again completely missing falling headfirst onto it, Jean and Aether quickly climbed on top of him attacking, as Venti indicated, the little horn behind his head.

While Venti used her powers to keep the dragon on the ground to give them as much time as possible, the adventurer and the Grand Master hit the horn as hard as they could.

"Just a little more! We are almost there! Do it now!" Shouted Venti, Jean stopped hitting the dragon and brought her sword to her side with the point directed towards the middle of the horn, her body was surrounded by small gusts of wind, meanwhile, Aether struck as hard as he could, with each impact small sparks purple shoots from his sword.

Dvalin also knew that the end was close, if Jean managed to land that blow everything would end for him so the dragon began to move its head from side to side trying to destabilize Jean and Aether, he succeeded, the woman lost her balance and fell backwards towards the platform very close to the edge of it while the adventurer was barely able to grab onto the dragon's horn.

Venti tried to go and help Jean up to her feet but the sudden moving of his familiar stopped him on his tracks leaving him on the other side of the platform apart form his companions.

"Aether!" Shouted the bard towards the blonde guy, but before he could signal to her, Aether released Dvalin's horn and he launched himself towards Jean. The dragon, not feeling anyone on his back, quickly returned to take flight towards the sky.

"Jean! Are you okay?!" The boy shouted as he approached the woman, when he arrived he grabbed her by the arm trying to help her stand up, the blonde woman looked into Aether's eyes as she tried to stand up, she couldn't help but let out a little smile as she saw the sight of relief in the boy's face once he realized she was okay, but that little moment of happiness didn't last long as she saw that behind him, Dvalin was coming full speed ahead towards them.

The boy, seeing the concern on Jean's face, turned back finally seeing the inevitable dragon attack towards them, they didn't have enough space or time to move out of the way and Venti wasn't close enough to lift them up the air, they were stuck on the side of the platform.

Jean looked to the sides to look for her sword without success, in desperation she grabbed the boy by his shirt and tried to move him without success, seeing the dragon a few seconds after hitting them, the woman closed her eyes and prepared for the worst.

But the blow never came, when she opened her eyes she saw an image that she would never forget.

Aether standing in front of her, his classic sword replaced with one more similar to an Inazuma katana, completely purple with small gold, black and red details on the handle. His attire had changed too, the small white details on his chest, boots and back had been swapped for purple ones, but what impacted her the most were his eyes, his warm golden eyes were replaced by purple ones who felt even more warmer, but that also were full of anger.

Just in front of him, Dvalin's head impacted with the sword, the dragon clearly did everything possible to advance but he could not, the sword and Aether prevented it.

Surrounding the three of them there was an air of electricity, violet sparks dominated the environment, in the distance Venti through his bright aqua eyes looked completely astonished, it was something he had not seen for a long time, it was just like her, the friend he lost so many years ago.