06| Skies Of Turmoil

Începe de la început

Haechan didn't react at all to seeing the changes time had wrought in his mother. His expression was as impassive as ever. "I-I didn't think you'd come," Hirae said in a shaky voice.

"If I couldn't, I would have sent someone," Haechan replied coolly.

Miyeon couldn't help herself. "Sent someone?" When Ha looked at her, she dropped her gaze to his jaw

"Some business can't wait," Haechan said. He could be her father's twin. Divorcing him was the best thing she ever did. Miyeon saved herself from a lifetime of being ignored and begging for scraps of affection.

Hirae's eyes filled with tears as she took in Haechan's outfit. "You're wearing his clothes?" she asked in a quavering voice.

Haechan eyed his mother like she was a stock that wasn't behaving the way he wanted it to. "I had no choice."

Hirae's stunned gaze shifted to Miyeon then. "You two talked?"

"No," she said shortly and leaned forward to kiss Hirae's cheek. "I'm glad you're all right. Now that he's here, I'm going back to Seoul."

Hirae gave Haechan a wary glance and gripped her hand. "Are you sure you can't stay?" A doctor entered and shook Haechan's hand. This was her moment to get out of here.

"No, I'm so sorry, but you can visit me once you're recovered," Miyeon said hastily. "You take care, okay?"

"I don't know how to repay you," Hirae said, hanging onto her arm.

"No need," she said and patted Hirae's hand. "Get well soon, okay?"

"I will." Miyeon eased around the medical staff and slipped out the door. She focused on the exit and didn't take a breath until the double doors of the ICU closed behind her. As she power walked down the hall and pulled out her cell phone, she ducked into an empty waiting room and dialed Jiwoo.

"Girl," Jiwoo began.

"Get me a plane," Miyeon ordered. Jiwoo's tone instantly became formal and no-nonsense. "Absolutely, Ms. Kwon. Where are you?"

"I'm—" The phone was yanked from Miyeon's grasp. She whirled and saw Haechan glance at the screen before he held it up to his ear.

"That won't be necessary," He said and hung up.

"What the hell are you doing? Give it back!" He tapped the screen, and his brows came together. "You spoke to Na Jaemin this morning?"

Miyeon was lightheaded with rage. "That's none of your business! Stop going through my phone!"

"Did you tell him about us?" She ground her teeth together. "There is no us. Now, give me my phone."

Haechan stared at her for a full thirty seconds before he started tapping the screen. Miyeon lost it and launched herself at him. He grabbed her hand and twisted it behind her back, forcing her to bend over to avoid having him snap it.

He pressed his mouth against her ear. "Don't push me, Miyeon."

"I'm not pushing you! I just want to get the fuck away from you." Haechan released her. She rubbed her throbbing shoulder and bared her teeth when she saw him still messing with her phone.

"I swear to God, if you don't—" He pocketed it, and said, "We'll leave in thirty minutes."

"I don't need a ride to the airport. I'll call a cab."

"I already have a plane." She stared at him. "You're going to leave Hirae?"

"She's coming with us. I have a nurse ready to care for her until she recovers." Miyeon shook her head to clear it. "Okay, good, but I'm going to Seoul."