Ice-creams and Healing

A/N: Exactly what the title says it is. Also this. Idk how many of y'all are aware of the whole WT20 squad drama that's going on but this is one of them. I adore Ishan but he's simply not cut out for the number 3 position. Even SKY at 3 or Tilak at 3 is fine but wanting Ishan in place of Virat cause they want aggressive intent when the guy strikes at 120 odd as compared to a guy striking at nearly 140 and carries our batting in WT20s is just plain bs.

imo either remove all the senior players from the team and go in with fresh faces or atleast trust in them to try and win it. Not that I care anymore cause ik for a fact they'll go and choke like they've been doing for the last 6 editions.(sorry)

That said I'd love for them to prove me wrong, easier for me to have 0 hopes instead of raising them and having it ripped into tiny little pieces like it did this year.

PS for this OS, Hardik's not injured and he's back with the team for the Proteas tour

It had become a tradition for the three of them. Bad day, good day it didn't matter. Virat had to break his diet for a day and grab ice cream with Ishan and Shubman. Now this was a tradition the rest of the team wasn't aware of. Until Rah found out about it.

A peaceful day, boys were watching a movie in the team room, Virat sitting next to a dozing Rohit and scrolling through his phone texting his friends while the kids oohed and ahhed at the TV. Life was going great. 

"Oye Shub. Ice cream day with bhaiyaa. Don't forget."

Ishan hadn't realized how loud he'd been till Rah nudged him, popcorn mid way to his mouth and asked him what he meant, sue him he was craving ice cream too, Ishan mindlessly answered munching on a cookie, 

"Oh we're getting ice cream with Virat bhaiyaa later tonight."

And that was it. Rah glared at Virat and not caring for his sleeping captain, decided to wreak havoc throwing a bottle at Virat's head which hit Ro in the end, who startled awake and stared blearily in the general direction from which the bottle flew his way.

"YOU'RE TAKING THEM OUT FOR ICE CREAM!!"

Vi stared wide eyed at Ishan who stared right back at him, eyes wide with guilt, TV got turned off, loud whines ensued from not just the kids, Jaddu joined them in loudly whining, Ro glared darkly at Vi for his sleep getting disturbed and for taking those 2 out for secret ice cream treats.

Shub whistled loudly grabbing their attention and with a puffed out chest proclaimed,

"It's only for me and Ishu. Rest are not allowed. It's our tradition. And he loves us more. Cope."

And would the rest keep quiet and hearing that, especially the ones who'd come into the team way before those two, Jassi turned to look at Virat incredulously,

"When was the last time you even took us out? Forget that. When was the last time you even gave us a treat?"

"Jassi kiddo-"