Chapter 83: Mortal Realm

Start from the beginning

'Ugh, this place, I had prepared myself for stepping into a Mortal realm, but this, this is truly an abominable place. I genuinely feel pity for anyone unfortunate enough to be born in such a realm. Let's get this over with quickly, as the moment I step out of such a realm, I will never return to a Mortal realm again, no matter what!' Thought Elif as he quickly covered himself in a thin Qi layer to keep all the impurities in the air from touching his body and clothes.

"BOSS! I found the woman we were chasing!" Yelled a man in a black suit standing at one of the alleyways openings.

"Crap, they found us! Come on, follow me; we must leave, or they'll capture us!" Exclaimed the woman as she tried grabbing Elif's hand and running away; however, she couldn't touch him as an ethereal dome appeared a few inches before his body.

While the women kept trying to touch me, which I'll deal with in a second, I was focused on testing the limit of the Mortal realm. My cultivation base had been suppressed to the Qi Gathering realm, but that was too weak to my liking, so slowly, I upped my cultivation base to the Foundation Establishment realm, ready to once again suppress my cultivation in case it started causing the collapse of the realm. However, I sensed no such thing; I had only felt the realm slightly shake before quieting back down.

'Hmm, an early Foundation Establishment realm is sufficient enough; let's not push my luck; now, let me deal with this crowd of people.' Thought Elif as he focused back on reality, only for him to get irritated instantly.

"Hahaha, you need to understand, lady, if the young master wants a woman, then he will get that woman! Running away will only delay the inevitable, and the young master will punish you; however, seeing as you brought along an even more beautiful girl, the young master will definitely reward you!" Said a large man wearing a white suit while several other men wearing dark suits quietly surrounded Elif and the women.

"This is the third time I've been mistaken as a woman. I may be a calm-mannered Prince, but that doesn't mean I can't get angry!" Said Elif as he lifted his hand and fired a compressed ball of Qi straight at the man wearing a white suit, resulting in half of his head instantly getting disintegrated.

"And while I'm at, I might as well take care of you guys." Muttered Elif as he gathered his sword aura on his finger and flicked it at each person, causing their heads to get separated from their body before they could even comprehend what had happened to their boss.

"Idonea wasn't wrong; that did relieve a great deal of stress." Added Elif, feeling slightly better.

With the annoyances dealt with, I headed towards the right, where the area opened up, and once I arrived, the first thing I was met with was a road being used by some metal carriages. The metal carriages obviously weren't powered by Qi; there probably isn't even enough Qi in this realm to power an automatic carriage; still, I was curious how such a thing operated.

Walking out into the road, I stood there and waited for one of the metal carriages to approach me, which didn't take long. As the metal carriage quickly approached me, I noticed the driver was making hand gestures for me to move, which slightly confused me, but I didn't think too deeply about it and waited for the carriage to get closer. As the carriage got closer, I perceived its speed began drastically slowing down; still, it had gotten too close for it to stop in time.

Right before the carriage collided with me, I stretched out my hand to stop it, forcing it to come to a halt instantly; however, the carriage had been damaged because of the sudden impact; fortunately, it seemed to be just some minor damage.

"E-Elf!? Hey, Elf, are you okay!?" Shouted the woman, having finally broken out of her stupor from having seen several deaths in a matter of seconds.

"Yes, and stop yelling. Now tell me what this carriage is and how it works." Answered Elif as he released his hand from the carriage, causing the back two tires to fall back on the ground.

"T-That's a car or automobile; an engine powers it and uses gasoline as fuel. You Elfs don't have this where you guys come from? Never mind, you guys can fly; why would you need cars." Said the woman, slightly confused only until she remembered Elif could fly.

'Engine? Gasoline? This compartment must be where the engine is located at.' Thought Elif as he ripped off the hood of the car that belonged to the currently unconscious driver.

While looking inside the carriage compartment, I was confused about what all the small and large components did, though I didn't spend too much time on this as I wanted to be out of this realm within a few hours.

'This wouldn't have been a problem if I had access to my divine sense; I would've learned how this thing operates within a few seconds. Whatever, I'll just store it in my dimension ring and inspect it when I return to the spirit realm. Actually, I should do that with every object I come across; it might be a good way to pass the remaining couple of weeks.' Thought Elif, covering the car in his Qi before storing it in his dimension ring, except for the human, of course.

"W-What did you just do to that car!? Never mind, you can tell me later. Right now, we need to leave the area quickly; the police will be here soon once Collen finds out his little goons haven't returned!" Exclaimed the woman, once again trying to grab Elif's arm, but just like last time, an ethereal Qi dome blocked her hand.

"Stop trying to touch me; I don't want your dirty hands anywhere near me." Said Elif in an annoyed tone.

"Fine, I won't try touching you anymore, but just follow me! We need to leave!" Said the woman as she quickly turned around before running away from Elif and the small crowd that had gathered.

I wasn't the one bit interested in listening to someone else orders; however, since I can't use my divine sense, It would be better to stay by the side of someone who knows this realm. So I reluctantly followed behind her while storing things I found interesting, like the small artifact every human held in their hands and constantly tapped on.

___

___

Yolo, Ozonelayer here; I had the idea of possibly creating a p@tre0n for this novel as a bit of a side hustle, and while it might seem quite late to do this with me being 83 chapters in, however, I plan for this novel to go on for quite a while.

So If I do create a p@tre0n, it'll be about 15 chapters ahead of this one, though it will have the exact release dates; however, I'm just curious if anyone would be interested or if it would just be a waste of time.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___

___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 196: Pride Or Elaine) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 77: Alexander & Lily Caught!?(R18)) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 128: I Have A Plan, Attack!) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]