"This girl, Maya," Ayan spoke curiously after hearing our conversation, "is she pretty?" I shot him an unimpressed glare to which he smiled sheepishly. "Chill," he raised his hands in defence when he sensed the sudden change in the air, "I'm just kidding."

"Padhayi dhyan de,"  Arhaan flicked his forehead just like I had, making him groan in irritation as we laughed. Teasing your baby sibling is always fun…

.

.

.

.

"This cake is delicious," Mom praised Ashiya who smiled modestly in return. "You are truly multi-talented, Masha Allah."

"Jazak Allah, I'm glad it turned out be good, given that I am not really habituated to cook fancy stuff," Ashiya chuckled. The cake she baked was indeed tasty. And although I wasn't someone with a sweet tooth, I liked how the dessert wasn't too heavy for my taste buds.

"It's surprising to see Ahan eating something sweet," Mom teased me to which I remained silent. My brothers, however, found it funny and started giving me mischievous looks.

Ashiya nodded beside me, "I know right. I wonder how he manages to stay content with the kind of food he eats. I'm sure his taste buds have become useless by now." Her words caused everyone to erupt in laughter and me to narrow my eyes at her. "But it's a blessing in disguise, you know. I get to eat all the good food in the house while this guy suffices his stomach with veggies." The chortling continued and I decided that I had had enough. She needs to be taught a lesson.

Ashiya opened her mouth to let more savagery out but stopped immediately as I placed my hand on her thigh, extremely close to her core. There, now who's the boss?

She threw a cautious glance in my direction, probably to warn me but I ignored her. She tried to displace my hand but I didn't budge, making her restless.

In front of us, Ayan began to talk about his college and everyone got engaged in it, leaving us with our own little fight.

I started massaging her thigh, moving my hand sensually that made her clutch my wrist in order to halt my movement but I was in no mood to budge. I smirked at her and her scared eyes pleaded with me as she signalled towards our family. I, in turn, shrugged and ignored her.

I kept myself indulged in the conversation in front, not letting anybody know what was happening between me and my wife. The idea of doing something mischievous like this was so deliciously inviting that I dived right into it.

Suddenly, I felt something sharp on my thumb and realised that it was Ashiya digging her nails into my skin. The pain made me pull my hand back to my side and I clenched my jaw in annoyance. This minx…I turned my face in her direction and saw her smiling in triumph. I licked my lower lip and saw her gaze falling on it. The tension between us was growing thicker with each passing second.

Suddenly, an idea popped up in my mind and I smiled sweetly at her. It was time to show her who was the real boss in this game.

"I'm not feeling well," I turned to Mom in order to grab her attention.

"What happened?" She shot me worried look and stood up to touch my forehead with the back of her hand. "Your body temperature seems normal."

"It's my head, I'm getting a headache."

Mom nodded and advised me to go and take a rest in the bedroom. We were anyway going to stay the night there so it wasn't like we were in a hurry to leave. "There's a box of medicines in your room," she added.

"I don't know if I'd be able to find them," I lied and turned to my wife, "can you help me?" Now was the time to take advantage of my wife's profession.