Chapter 43

Ashiya's PoV:

After we were done with our breakfast, Ahan told me that he'd take me somewhere special. On asking where that special place was, he just shrugged and asked me to get ready.

I decided to do the dishes before obliging him and made my way to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Ahan went to take a shower after being refused to offer help.

As I started cleaning, my mind drifted to the moments shared between him and me in the course of these few days. I recalled the kiss I gave him last night and this morning and a smile made its way on my face.

Had someone told me a few months ago that I would be sharing these romantic moments with this guy, I would have smacked him right across his face, kicked him in the crotch and then laughed at him. It had been such an impossible scenario then. But then life is all about expecting the unexpected.

Ahan proved to be a great husband and it made happy but scared as well. A voice at the back of my mind warned me that things might change once this "honeymoon phase" got over. I shook those thoughts away. I knew life doesn't always stay the same so we would be having our own share of disagreements in future but there was no point in spoiling the present for that matter.

I wiped the plates dry and kept them on the shelves when I was done. I was still in my night suit so I needed to bathe and wear something nice for this was going to be my first outing with Ahan.

I ascended the stairs and entered the bedroom but turned around abruptly in shock, my palms covering my eyes. Behind me, Ahan stood with a towel wrapped around his lower half as the only clothing on his body. His hair was wet, signalling that he had just come out of the shower. I managed to get a glimpse of his broad chest and muscular shoulders within a fraction of second before I faced away.

"I didn't see anything," I said and bit my tongue. My heartbeats had increased and I tried to calm my breathing.

I heard him chuckle and the next thing I felt was his hand on my shoulder. "Too bad," he said with fake pity in his voice. "Let's change it," and with that he made me face him. He grabbed my hands and pulled them away from my eyes. "I'm all yours, babe," his husky tone made me feel dangerous things in my gut. He placed my hands on his wet shoulders. His skin was milky white, contrary to mine which was dusky. My palms felt the dampness as he dragged them lower to his chest and his washboard abs.

My breath hitched.

I tried to pull away but he wrapped my arms around his waist, making me inch closer to him. "Why do you get so nervous around me?" He questioned as he placed a kiss on my cheek, droplets of water falling from his hair to my shoulder and neck. Goosebumps made their way to my skin. "I can't say that I won't bite you but I promise it won't be bad," he pecked me again. And again.

"Ahan," I said softly as I fought the moan on my lips.

"Hmm," he hummed in response and let his face go lower, making his nose graze my neck.

A gasp escaped my mouth and I felt him smirk before his lips touched my skin. "Ahan... you're making me wet." I said to make him leave me but my eyes widened as I realised how that sounded. He stopped and pulled back a little to look at me. I shut my eyes close in embarrassment and I would have ran away from him had my hands not been trapped.

"Oh, am I?" He sounded serious and I so wanted to dig up a hole in order to bury myself in it.

I shook my head in a negative way. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that. I-I-I am sorry. I was just trying to..." I stopped midway as I heard his laugh echoing in the room. A boisterous, lively sound.

Opening one eye, I saw his head thrown back, shoulders shaking and eyes shining bright in joy. Beautiful. He looked magical and so unreal. So gorgeous that I forgot to breathe. I admired his face, his greek god type body and the charm that radiated from him even in his half naked state.

MashaAllah.

"You're gorgeous," I spoke in a trance making his laugh come to a slow halt. His eyes met mine and he smiled at me. I blushed.

"Thank you," he mused.

"We're getting late," I murmured and thankfully felt his grip loosen on my hands. I took the chance and escaped quickly before he got the chance to trap me again.

.

.

.

"Is this the special place you wanted to show me?" I frowned at my husband who just shook his head in a negative way. Our car was parked outside Ahan's office and I wondered why we were there.

"I just have to get inside and sign a document. It will take five minutes to the max. You can stay in the car if you want," he said and I thought of agreeing to it but then I was an inpatient woman so I decided against it.

"I'll go with you," I got out of the car and he followed me.

As we stepped inside, Ahan took hold of my arm and wrapped it around his. He was dressed in a casual black tee which made him look sexy as always. I, on the other hand, was dressed in black jeans and a blue denim jacket with a white top underneath. My hair was hidden under a pretty pink hijab which made me look like a teenager.

We passed through the corridors, earning the curious gazes from his employees. Some of them even managed to recognise me as I saw their eyebrows going up. Ahan led me to an elevator and gave me a wicked smile when we were inside. "Wanna makeout here?" I looked away immediately, blinking away the surprise and shyness as my mind drifted back to the image of him and his bare chest. I shook my head.

The doors opened and we stepped out to be greeted by a woman who looked in her early twenties. She was dressed formally in a black suit with her hair tied into a ponytail. She had a polite smile on her face as greeted us.

"Goodmorning, Sir," she nodded at Ahan, "goodmorning, Ma'am." Does she know that I'm Ahan's wife? If yes, then how? The other employees don't seem to be aware of that fact. "I'm his secretary," she extended her hand to me and I happily shook it.

I felt Ahan's arm sliding around my waist as he spoke. "This is my wife, Ashiya," he told her and she looked surprised for a second but the smile never left her face. "Ashiya, this is Riddhima." He said the last part looking at my face, his lips curved into a smirk. That's when it hit me. She's Riddhima.

___________________________________________

Go back to chapter eleven if you don't remember who Riddhima is. Also, please vote and comment.