The Guild Master's Decision

Brock fell back in his chair it was the end of day two and he was physically and emotionally drained. He had made the call for his guild to go all out and take the win to end the battle quickly but he had spoke out of anger a thing he himself had never done. But now, now his brain was clear and he saw the decision he needed to make but the feeling in his gut just made his body weak.

"I have to protect everyone, but I have to do what's best for my guild," He said as he removed the hand he placed over his eyes

Looking at himself in the mirror, he was appalled by himself, how could He the famous guild Master of Phoenix Wing be this weak. Was he truly scared of that woman?

Yes. She has the life of everyone he loves in her tiny hands, and he walked his guild right in to them.

Soft hands covered his eyes now, and a small set of lips touched his neck before withdrawing away.

Lady Lucy stood beside him, a sad smile on her face, she knew he was under a lot of stress. She was too, she had the well being of all the people on her mind and heart as well, how could that thing do this to innocent people.

"Tomorrow you know there's a possibility I'll have to fight," she whispered towards the window where she held his gaze

"I know," he stood up and turned to her bringing his hands to hold her face, "trust me I know,"

Embracing one another they stood, hoping this nightmare ended soon..

---

They stood gathered around the area to see the screen, most of team Alpha was there too except Trip, he was down in the infirmary still with Medusa Tail and Comet Dust.

Trip walked over to Iris' bed where he looked out the window, she sat clenching her sheets in anticipation for what was to be announced.

The screen spinning the team names echoed all around till the ticking noise of it stopped sounded.

"And the teams are! Comet Tail: Team Alpha, Medusa Tail: Team Alpha,"

A tear rolled down Iris' cheek at the sound of Alpha, terror shaking her body

"Phoenix Wing: Team Beta, and Death Melody: Team Beta,"

Ash placed his head in his hand, he didn't have to fight again today but, Medusa Tail did, and they where worse off then him and his team.

Looking up he caught sight of Clemont holding Bonnie and Serena close, even if two of them weren't fighting, the one that was, was young and didn't need to be part of this.....

Trip looked at Iris she was crying slightly her team mates all still weak and destroyed they still hadn't all woke up from the damage done to them and the ones that where awake could barely stand let alone fight.

"Iris you have to back out," Trip started

"We can't," she gasped out in tears

"why not,"

"She, she,"

The door opened and Cheryl walked in, her hand held up with a cigarette in between her fingers. She walked over to view the fallen team before stopping in front of Iris.

"Who did something," she asked as Iris held her gaze fear swimming in her eyes

Cheryl eyed to two people before a smile broke over her face as she walked closer to Trip, she reached out a hand to touch him but he grabbed her wrist and pushed her away from him.

"Back away,"

"Get up Iris," Cheryl said turning to the girl

"I-I can't,"