The Wings of Tomorrow

Ash sat on top of the guild roof looking out at the stars, his hand clamped around his necklace. Memories of days past whirled in his brain,

"Are you safe, are you well, are you still out there," he mumbled as his head dropped and he fought back his tears a hand placed itself on his back

Turning slightly he looked down to see Ninf. Looking up at him before the cat perked his ears up and turned slightly, Misty stood behind them holding a plate of food and a drink.

"I saw you didn't eat a lot of dinner so after everyone went to bed I made you some finger food, I mean if your hungry,"

Ash turned back around his head still bowed a small shake. Misty dropped her shoulders

"Yeah I wouldn't be hungry either if I knew I cooked it,"

Silence.

With a sigh she placed it beside him and starred to leave,

"I'm sorry,"

"For what, not eating my food. I don't blame you I'm not the best cook,"

"No.., for snapping at you on our mission, and your," he fidget, " hair,"

She reached up and pulled at her now short hair, " I like it you know my hair, it's like a complete new me,"

Ash looked at her, they both knew he was just using the hair as a cover up on his true apology, his eyes hid little on his emotion again he turned away from her.

Misty didn't know what to say to him in a comforting manner, maybe she could-, no that wouldn't solve any thing instead she just left. Soon after Ninf. Retired back to bed as well leaving Ash again to himself.

--//--

With a loud thump he fell to the ground holding onto himself, A brown haired teen looked up at the person who threw him.

Cheryl Ophius

The guild master of the Meteor Jumper guild, a guild of Celestial mages, a guild that thought only of them selves and wouldn't take request unless a key was involved.

"Now Gary, darlin, I don't wanna have this talk again understood you wouldn't want anything bad to happen to your keys now do you,"

He didn't respond he just held on to his injured shoulder and looked up at the woman.

He long green hair tied in to a large braid, green piercing eyes all wrapped up a long black gown with a split in the back that came back together with yellow studs, black gloves to her elbow and matching heels. She scoffed at Gary before walking away, heels clanking on the stone.

Gary didn't move for awhile after she left until his arm stopped hurting but his shoulder was still damaged, he lowered his head as he sat up.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbled before a bright light and a distant sound of a doorbell was hear.

Now standing before him was a tall man, with spiky blond hair and two cat ears, a masculine face with gold eyes, in gold armor and a black cape. He bowed and the slater of his armpit brought Gary to look up, and meet his gaze.

"I'm sorry,"

The man nodded before holding out his hand, it was more beast like then man like, large claw like fingers covered up in golden claw armor.

"Leo, I'm sorry,"

"You sound like a broke record, stand,"

Gary took his hand and stood, wobbling to the side the boy fell forwards where he was caught by Leo.

"Your leg is hurt too, your a pain,"

Gary bowed in defeat. Leo scoffed.

"You have lost your faith and pride in the wizard you once where and meant to be,"

A slow nod, "I'm just like my dad said a failure, a waste,"

Leo stayed silent, it wasn't that he agreed he just knew he had no words he could string together at the time to speak. He looked down at his key welder before looking out the window at the stars.

"Then why are we here,"

Gary didn't speak he just left go of Leo's arm after being steady and limping off towards the door, Leo stayed put.

"Why are we here and not home,"

Gary stopped and turned to look at the spirit, his sad eyes fell on uncertain ones

"We have no home,"

And with that the boy left and Leo returned to his key.

"No home, to go home too, no one we can go home too," Gary whispered as he entered his room, images of a boy with black hair a big smile flashed threw his brain before he passed out on his cold bed.

--//--

Anubis could sense something was wrong when Ash didn't eat breakfast, he sat in a daze unfazed by the destruction of the roughly guild members or Ninf. And Misty's attempts to get him to go on a mission, in the end the two left on a easy one to help a local newsman from one town to the next.

Anubis was in tune with her key welder but...this pain he felt today was different.

"Ash..,"

"Not now Anubis," and he walked off from her

He turned her gaze to the table she wasn't much of a person to let her emotions show but a tear or two fell to get absorbed in her face wrap.

Lady Lucy came over to her table a price of paper in hand,

"Here, maybe this will calm your team down,"

It was a request paper, to explore the rulers of Helleo Woods. It didn't have a big reward just a few thousand poke. It was just a simple can some one live or work in those woods since it was supposed to be haunted.

"I figured instead of letting a weaker or newer guild member go on it yall could go and calm down, all of your team,"

"Thank you I will inform everyone and have them meet up,"

Lady Lucy nodded before Anubis walked off, her tail twisted as the door closed.

"Maybe this will help us,"

After everyone was informed they met up with one another at the station Ash still gloomy and Misty and Ninf. Keeping their distant from him.

A very very long silent train ride later Anubis had had enough.

Smack

Ash wobbled backwards hand grabbing his cheek he shot a glare towards Anubis who in returned bared her teeth

"Get over it,"

Ash's eyes widened

"I know your hurting and I understand that, but your hurting your team mates now, All of us are just trying to help you and your closing us out, so suck it up,"

Ash nodded

"I'm sorry, it's just tomorrow makes five years,"

"And you don't think I know that, it hurts me too, but we have to keep heading toward tomorrow in hope we find him,"

Ash nodded a little faster, "keep moving forward towards tomorrow, I'm sorry I've brought you all down I'll Try and cheer up for this mission,"

Misty smiled at him with Ninf in her arms as they took off into the woods. Unknown to them as two smaller figures flew away in the shadows of the trees.

--//--
The two flying figures landed in a big tree where two more figures stood/sat looking out among the trees. One sat with its legs hanging off the branch while the other leaned against the trees trunk.

"New play toys," they said as the small figures flapped their wings and swished their tails.

-----////-----

Stayed toon, and tell me what you think!