Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

24|Evelyn

As soon as my lips touched his, heat and desire unfurled within me, spreading throughout my body until every nerve ending felt alive. Atlas cupped my jaw, his fingers splayed on my neck as he held me in place while his mouth devoured mine. His kisses were hungry, passionate, and full of the pent-up frustration of the last few days. It took my breath away.

I patted his chest when it became harder to breathe and he immediately pulled back but kept his hold firm around me. I stared into his eyes, our noses touching and breaths mingling. Atlas looked... uncertain. I never thought I would see the ever-confident hockey captain look unsure about anything in his life. It pinched my heart knowing I was probably the reason behind it too.

So I did what I thought was the best way to chase away the uncertainty. I cupped his face with both hands, caressing them softly before pulling him in for a slow, passionate kiss. I wanted him here. To kiss me, to hold me, to just be with me.

The kiss was the only encouragement Atlas needed to pin me under him on the bed and kiss me like there was no tomorrow. A moan escaped me when he nipped at my lip before sliding his tongue in. I took the opportunity to slide my hands over his body, reacquainting myself with every dent and curve. God, I'd missed this so much. Feeling his weight on me and having his warmth surround me made the void in my heart fill up again.

That should have scared me. It should have made me want to dart from here and never look back again. But it didn't. Instead, it made me want to stay here, with him, like this, and never leave.

We parted with a gasp and Atlas touched his forehead with mine. I smiled. "Not afraid of your towel coming undone now?"

He grinned back. "There's nothing you haven't seen."

"True that," I said and pulled him down for another kiss. As he tugged at my shirt I wrapped my jean-clad legs around his waist and in the process, my knee bumped into his side. One that was bruised.

Atlas rolled off me with a hiss of pain and I immediately sprang upright, watching him with wide eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

He gave me a tight-lipped smile. "It's okay. I'm fine."

He didn't sound fine. I bit my lip in worry as I eyed his bruises. "Maybe I should leave. You need to rest. I... I'll see you later I guess."

"Or... you could kiss it better?" he said and I raised a brow at him as he leaned against the headboard, getting comfortable. "What? Won't you kiss my boo-boos and make them feel better, Rosy?"

I couldn't help but chuckle. "You're ridiculous."

Atlas shrugged. "Only for you. Now c'mere." He made grabby hands in my direction and I laughed but still obliged.

Crawling up on the bed, I got on top of him and straddled his waist. "So demanding," I said as I caressed his face. "Does it hurt here?" I asked, touching the cut at the edge of his brow.

"Yes," Atlas said in a hushed tone.

I pressed a kiss there before moving to his cheek where there was another faint bruise. "Here?"

"Yes." Another kiss. I left a trail of feathery light kisses from his jaw to his chest. I paused to brush my lips against his nipples and smiled when he let out an audible gasp. The bruise on his side looked an angry shade of red from up close with splotches of blue and purple scattered across the expanse. My chest ached at the sight but I pushed the thoughts aside and pressed tender kisses over the battered skin.

Atlas went rigid when I reached the hem of his towel. A noticeable bulge underneath it. I looked up at him only to see him staring back at me with hooded eyes. "What about here?"