Chapter 8. Life-threatening

Back at the trailer, the leaders and Ruby, who's still tied up were still trapped in the cages. Then Queen Essence says "Let's not panic. We must all stay strong if we're going to make it out of this".

"Yeah! Things might look bad, but we've been through worse" Delta said and then Trollzart adds "Yeah, like when we thought our music was lost forever" and this made Barb blush in embarrassment and said "Oh, you just had to bring that up" and Trollex comes in and says "You guys are right. Everything's going to be fine" and then everyone waited for a response from Poppy and Ruby as they were looking at the window, wondering how long it would take for Branch to find them. King Quincy tried to cheer up Poppy as he said "He did throw himself in front of the Ultimate Power Chord to save you, Poppy. I think there's a pretty good chance he'll be coming to save you again" and this made Poppy start to smile at her fellow leaders, who smiled back at her.

Poppy then looks at Ruby, who was looking at her and then she saw her best friend smiling softly at her before looking at the leaders and smiled at them, including her boyfriend as he smiles softly at his girlfriend. But then, the hopeful moment was cut short when Chef barged into the room.

"Good morning! Did everyone have a good night's rest?" Chef asked and no one gave her an answer and looked away with sour expressions on their faces, except Ruby as she glared at her.

Chef continued, "This is a very good morning. It's a shame to keep it to ourselves. I bet every Troll would want to enjoy it with us. But, how can I invite them to join us unless I knew where they were?" and this made Poppy shout "Our answer is still the same, Chef!" and King Quincy also shouted "One cannot trade the souls of innocent Trolls as if they were tokens!" and then Ruby comes in as she shouts "You can do whatever you want to us! We're not telling you where they are! I, the Protector of Trollstopia will make sure of that!" and this made the leaders shouted in agreement "Yeah!".

Chef looked annoyed at first, but then made a smug smile as she said "Alright. If that's the way it's gonna be, then I'm fine with that" and all the Troll leaders and Ruby looked at her in confusion as she continued, "You want to do this the hard way? We'll do this the hard way!" and then Chef took out a lantern from a cabinet, puts it on the opposite side of the trailer and she opens the top before going over to Ruby's cage, opens it and grabs her. "Hey!" Ruby exclaimed and this made Trollex immediately shouts in worry and panic "Ruby!" and then Poppy shouts "Chef, what are you doing?!" and Chef then drops Ruby inside the lantern before closing it and turns on the faucet as water slowly starts filling up the lantern, making Ruby's eyes widened in realization as she gasped.

The leaders watched in horror as the water from the faucet starts rising up with Ruby inside as it has already reached her knees. Chef then turns to the leaders with an evil look and says "From what I know about humans is that they can hold their breath underwater. But the question is 'how long?'".

Everyone looked at her with horror in their faces as Trollex yelled with fear and anger in his voice while banging both his fists against his bowl cage "NO!!" and then Delta shouted "Leave her alone!" and this made Chef only answer "Oh, I will... If you tell me what I want to know" and they looked at Ruby, who shook her head and mouthed "No".

Then the leaders, including Ruby, just looked down with hesitation. "Very well. I'll give you until the end of the day to tell me what I want to know, or else your prescious human friend will never be full of life again!" Chef sneered before leaving with a huff. The leaders immediately looked at Ruby in great worry and concern as Queen Essence yelled out to Ruby in worry "Are you alright, dear?!" and Ruby yelled back "I'm fine! I can handle a little water!" and then Trollex yells "Ruby! Turn into a Techno Troll and you'll be able to breathe underwater!" and this made Ruby shout back "I can't, Trollex! I lost my necklace back at the Pop Village, I can't transform without it!" and then she looks down at the water, starting to get worried.

"But, how long do you think it'll be before...?" Barb started to ask the other leaders before Poppy said "Branch, please hurry!".