"Why are you guys just moping around?" Elio said as he brushed past us, before giving a small nod to McKenzie.

Mckenzie bowed to the guys, then turned to me and Addy and did the same. "It is an honor to finally meet you," he said, straightening up to his full height.

"Pleasure to meet you too," Addy and I replied. Then it occurred to me, "What do you mean by finally meeting me," I questioned.

Mckenzie didn't say anything, he just maintained a kind smile on his face.

Okay...

"Oh," Mckenzie turned to the guys who were about to enter one of the cars, "I should say that the..." he paused and gave me a look, before bringing his fisted palm to his mouth and clearing his throat, "...the young master isn't here."

"What? Zayn isn't home? Where did he go off to this time?" Elio scowled.

My heart plummeted at his statement. He isn't here.

"He seems to be all over the place lately doesn't he?" Lowell added.

"The young master went to Vancouver for official business," McKenzie replied ambiguously.

"The Asher house?" Nikol asked quietly to which McKenzie gave a simple nod in reply. "He may be there for a while then."

"Then there's no point in me being here," I muttered crestfallen, more to myself than anyone.

"What do you mean?" Nikol inquired. "He's going to be there for a while doesn't equate to he isn't coming back."

"You don't know that. All it seems is that I've been chasing him from point A to point B, and never catching up to him. He's always somehow gone whenever I get to his supposed location. It's quite clear that he's avoiding me." A tremble broke through my voice as I spoke, and my eyes gradually became moist.

Everyone was quiet as they all stared at me blankly. Embarrassment began to creep up my cheeks at my outburst, and the air grew awkward. Well, that was until Nikol's snicker broke through the stale air.

He shoved both hands into his front pocket and cocked his head to the side, "Given the circumstances and logic, I can see why you'd think that way Adalia. But there's no way Zayn is doing all this to avoid you because he doesn't even know you're here."

It took me a moment to process his words before my eyes widened, "what?! You didn't tell him I was coming? So I'm showing up to his doorstep uninvited?!"

"Who said you're uninvited?" Elio asked.

"Yeah, you're practically one of us now, so you're invited anytime." Lowell shrugged.

Soft warmth tinged my heart at their words, and I couldn't help but break out into a smile despite myself.

"Anyways, there's a way to get Zayn back here faster," Nikol sauntered up to me and threw an arm around my shoulder. "Let's take a selfie Adalia," He stared at me, with a bright smile, one that crinkled the beauty mark on his lips, but a mischievous glint was in his eyes. I should've known that his expression spelled trouble, but I chose to ignore it.

"Wah?" I barely registered anything before he positioned our faces between the camera frame, clicked the button, and took the selfie. All with one fluid movement. "What was that for?" I questioned, looking up at him.

Nikol didn't reply as he typed on his phone for a few seconds, a wide, silly grin on his face. I squinted my eyes at him, as I swore I saw devil horns protruding out of his head for a second there.

His phone pinged as he swiped open a message which I couldn't see well because of our height difference. He stared at his phone for a couple of seconds before breaking out into full-blown laughter. "I've finally found a way to tease him, this is too funny," he muttered as he patted my shoulders and walked away.