𝐗𝐗𝐈

After coming home last night, I completely crashed. Everything was so overwhelming that when I woke up this morning I wished yesterday was a just a nightmare, but with one look at myself in the mirror my eyes told me the true story.

I had classes early this morning so I dragged myself out of bed and got ready hoping that classes would distract me from yesterdays events.

I knew from a young age that I was smarter than some of the other kids in my class and it was proven when my grandfather secretly got my IQ tested. My mother tried telling herself that my focus towards education was just a phase and I would grow out of it but, I always wanted to be a combination of beauty and brains like my grandmother.

I worked hard for my grades in high school and before anything else, I knew I wanted to go to college. I didn't want to work hard just to settle down, and later on marry a man like my mother did. I love modeling, but it's been more of hobby than something I want to do all my life.

I knew my parents would have no problem handing our families billion dollar tech company over to Brandon-my frat boy little brother- if I held no interest in becoming the CEO, and decided to do more 'womanly things.' Too bad for them, because I plan on becoming the best CEO they've ever fucking seen. My parents might be blind to my brothers immature ways, but thankfully my grandparents oversee the CEO position and are aware of my skills and goals.

Rika and I were both in our second year at the same prestigious university in Meridian City. Right now she is in her Anthropology of Youth Culture class, while I am getting ready for my Computer Science class. The class is always a breeze for me since I learned coding when I was little and I only take it for graduation requirements since I'm majoring in Business and minoring in Computer Science and Cybersecurity.

Nerdy I know.

After picking out my clothes, I get started on my makeup and use the concealer to hide how tired I really am. Music fills the room as I finish getting ready. I put on a dark red off the shoulder sweater and blue flared jeans with black converse before slightly curling my long black hair. I rush to place my notebook and supplies for class in my tote bag, while making coffee to go.

After feeding Salem and locking up, I make my way to campus.

The buildings on campus were a perfect mix of historic and modern and the foggy fall weather made the walk to class relaxing. I loved cold foggy weather.

I walk into class early and skip my normal seat in middle, and take a seat in the back. The class is called Advanced Computer Science but if you ask me, it feels more like Computer Science for dummies. Everything Professor Yang teaches I already know. And while I'm in the top of class, I refuse to be a teachers pet, sit in the front, and throw my hand up to answer every single question.

I rather smile politely and answer when called on, while sitting in the back and having the best grades.

Silent but deadly is always the Thompson motto.

I take my macBook out as students fill the class and take their seats. As I open my computer a shadow falls over my desk but I pay no attention to it as I take my notebook out from my bag.

"Is this seat taken?" a deep voice asks.

I look up to see Damon standing over me. What is he doing here? My eyebrows furrow in shock and confusion as I look up at him. Words seem to escape me as I look up at him.

He smirks before walking over and taking a seat next to me. To say I'm shocked is almost like a understatement. After he left yesterday, I was hoping I wouldn't run into him so soon.