𝐗𝐈𝐕

D𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧 gives me a long hard stare before leaning closer to me and whispers , "You're pathetic."

Deciding to go with my gut. I raise my hand to slap him again.

Not successful at all.

As I raise my hand, he quickly grabs it roughly in his hand and twists my arm around. My back is now pressed against his front. I can't tell whats more distracting, his breath close to my neck or the pain in my arm from it being twisted back.

"Let me go." I say while struggling in his grasp.

"Why so you can try to slap me again?" He says.

I pause to think before responding, "Yes. That's exactly what I want to do. Slap you."

Surprisingly he releases me and spins me around to face him.

I stare at him confused before shrugging the now light grip off my arms. I don't say anything as I just stop and observe him. The light reflects off the water and onto his face and makes the drops of water on him shine. He gets a cigarette from his jacket that was resting on the side, and lights it with his black lighter.

I just stood and stared as he inhaled the death stick and slowly exhaled. It was bewitching to watch as the smoke drifted into the night air. The bellowing white of the smoke contrasting the haunting darkness of the cave walls and sky. 

He walked towards me and lifted my chin up as I met his eyes. And then he exhaled and blew the smoke in my face.

I hacked and coughed as the smoke entered my mouth and nose, and I waved my arm around to clear the air in front of me. As I opened my eyes, I saw him smirking as made a O with smoke and aimed it at my face again. This time it didn't bother me as much.

"Let me get a hit." I say reaching out for his cigarette.

He doesn't respond and just raises his eyebrow.
It's a silent staring contest with our eyes, my breath steady and my eyes in sync with his. Finally he leans forward but he doesn't place the cigarette in my hand. Instead, he leans in and holds it near my lips.

Still staring at him, I place my lips on the cigarette and breath in its deathly matter. I slowly pull away and exhale the smoke towards him. I cough a little as I accidentally swallow some.

He stares at the light pink mark on the cigarette from the lipstick stain left on my lips. And then he brings it to his mouth.

It's silent for a moment. The silence before the storm.

All of a sudden his eyes darken and he grabs my arm pulling me to him. I stare in horror as he brings the cigarette close to my skin. I wiggle and thrash in his grasp as he tightens his hold.

"What the fuck Damon! This is not funny. Let me go! Damon stop!" I yell at him as he brings it closer to my skin. He's enjoying this. Watching me panic at the glow of the cigarette is giving him life.

He lightly taps the end of the cigarette and some hot ash falls on my arm and I scream as a small tear escapes from the fear. The ash is not too hot itself, but the heat startles my cold frame as I let out a hiss.

I hear footsteps behind me and struggle to look behind, hoping that someone can get me away from him.

Just my luck.

I see Kai come closer to where we are in the cave. He stares at me and I can tell he can see the fear on my face.

"I think you scared little Ember enough." He says.