𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐓𝐡𝐞 cave was cool and the reflection from the water projected to its walls. I smiled into the water as I soaked into its cool waves. The view was amazing and the fact that it was isolated, big, and dark made it so much better. I closed my eyes as I slowly drifted in the water as goosebumps covered my skin from its cool temperature. This was definitely better than the awkward conversion I just had with Alex and Rika.

Talking to Rika recently has been just weird, even when Micheal is gone he still fills her thoughts and she gets distracted. No matter how much either of them can try and deny it, there is something there.

I take in a deep breath as I sink my head underwater, holding in my breath as I swim. After a couple of seconds, I lift my head up from the water and swipe the water from my face as I hear clapping.

I quickly spin my head around trying to locate the sound. It doesn't take long for me to spot Damon leaning against the wall of the cave. Even while drenched in water he looks unbothered. His shirt is gone and his toned abs are on full display. My eyes immediately trace the tattoos on his chest and arms as they glisten with the droplets of water that roll of him. His midnight black hair is drenched and messily pushed back. God.

I quickly shake my gaze away from him and to his eyes. Icy and cold just like the water picking at my skin.

"Trying to drown yourself? Didn't think you could sink that low." He asks, watching me.

"Was that supposed to be funny?" I reply.

"No." He responds.

Well okay.

"Why are you here? Did you follow me?" I say.

"I'll always follow you."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

He doesn't respond and instead slowly walks toward me. With each step he took, I drifted back.

"You're scared. Good."

My eyes harden at him as he smiles, "I'm not afraid of you."

He leans closer to me, now fully in the water. I don't lean away this time and I still with anticipation. My heart pounds in my chest, and matches the loud beat of the music blaring in the background. I can feel his breath near my ear, its cold just like the rest of him. The only warmth is in the depths of hell that swirls in his eyes. Behind that mask is a man burnt by life.

"You should be." He finally whispers in my ear before pulling away.

I let out a breath and manage to say, "But I'm not."

"You will be and thats a promise. Fear will become second nature to you." He whispers like death leaving a deadly promise.

I tremble slightly as his fingers reach out again and trace my jaw, but still I don't pull away. All of a sudden his ghostly trace turns rigid as he grabs the back of my neck and pushes me closer to him.

I don't even get the chance to fully register whats going on before he pushes my head under water. The cold water nips and stings my eyes and I start to struggle. My vision starts to darken slightly before he pulls me back up. I cough and heave, trying to catch a solid breath.

"What the fuck?!" I splutter while still coughing as I move away from him.

"I could break you so easily without breaking a sweat. I could ruin you." He says darkly. I can still detect the malice in his tone, even with the water clogging my ears.

"Want some water?" He asks mockingly as I still cough.

"Fuck you." I reply.

"Oh I will in many ways." He replies inching closer again.

Not wanting to feel deja vu again, or be drowned, I decide to listen to my brain and inch back.

He notices my nervous movement and looks at the space between us before saying, "Better."

Finally fully catching my breath I ask the question I asked before. "Why did you follow me? Why won't you leave me alone?"

He shakes his head slightly before smiling, "Because this is what you wanted."

"I don't understand. What is this?" I ask tilting my head to make eye contact with him.

"It's just a game."

"What if I don't want to play?"

"I'm afraid thats not a rule."

"There's rules? What the hell is this? You blackmail me and force me to be here and then you ditch just to return and try to drown me. So please enlighten me on what the fuck the rules are!" I shout angrily, coming closer to him.

"Watch it."

"Make me."

"Is that an invitation or a threat?" He asks while smirking. He grabs onto my waist suddenly and pushes me flush against him. "You know what I thought about in prison?"

I struggle in his arms to no avail, his grip only tightens, "Let me guess. You thought about what a bad boy you were? I mean the law finally caught up to you."

He forces my chin up to face him, "That was no law."

I can only gaze at him curiously.

"I thought about our last night on replay. Everything. It wouldn't leave my fucking head." He says while holding a hand to my face.

"It never left my head either." I say as he hums.

I knew why I said that, but what did he mean?

I don't get a chance to reply as he grabs the front of my neck and kisses me. His lips are soft and fit against mine perfectly. It takes me a second to respond and when I do, I feel it. His kiss is rough and possessive, like him. I feel him bite the bottom of my lip hard and the flicker of pain brings me back.

I quickly pull away and stare into his eyes.

I raise my hand and slap him. His face barely moves to the side as he turns to glare at me.

I flinch slightly at his stare. It's so dark.

What fills me with more fear is the smile that suddenly appears on his lips.

Maybe I should smack him again to fix that. It's scarier when Damon has a mask on, which is always.

He lets out a quiet laugh that eerily travels throughout the cave.

Our eyes lock in an intense stare as he turns stone faced again.

It's just apart of his game.

------Enjoy-------

:)

Happy Valentines Day !!!!!

Please comment and vote!

-----

See you next time!!!