𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 17

The next day, you felt as if you shouldn't have gone to Diluc's room. What if everything gets more awkward? You thought that you could have found some other way and didn't feel like attending class because Diluc would be there as well.

 What if everything gets more awkward? You thought that you could have found some other way and didn't feel like attending class because Diluc would be there as well

You sighed, sitting on your bed, totally done with everything. You had etiquette lessons as well as history classes. An idea sparked today as you lay down in bed again; you were going to skip today. You are tired of dealing with your fears and Diluc.

"Is Young Lady feeling sick?" your maid said as she removed the curtains and tied them together.

"I feel like..." you put your palm on your head.

"I should inform Duke and the physicians," she said, walking towards the door.

You immediately sat up and tried to stop her—anything but physicians. The medicines here are worse than any medicine you have ever tried, and pale food adds to your misery.

"It's not that severe; there is nothing to worry about. It could be because I just woke up."

Your maid smiled and came close to you, and you straight away realized that it was her trick.

Your eyes widen when she pats your hair. "Lady, are you trying to avoid Young Master Diluc? Now that you have apologized and realized your mistake, please hold your head up. Even if Young Master doesn't forgive you, please keep going and leave it behind since you have played your part."

You heard all that she had to say. She had a sad look on her face, as if she really wanted Diluc to reconcile with you. It was a good reassurance for you; her few words gave you relief.

"Thank you." a whisper slipped from your mouth as you chuckled. That's nice of her.

"Let's get Young Lady ready for today." To your surprise, she lifted you up and smiled at you.

She combed your hair gently and made a twin-half ponytail, and tied it with a ribbon, making it a bow that flowed with your hair and a soft pink dress flowing till your knees. It was laced white around your neckline and at the ends of the pink fabric.

She touch your cheeks gently.
"Let's greet the young Master with a smile. His Grace will not be able to attend breakfast today as well", she smiled at you as she felt sad about how separate lives nobles are forced to live because of the riches that they work so hard for and the weight of responsibility for someone like Duke, and that's why she wanted you and Diluc to at least be there for each other.

"Let's go fast, Young Lady." She lent you her hand to hold as usual, and you held it with a smile.

You nodded; she was right. Nothing good comes out of worrying.

The door of the dining room opened as you entered the room, and a sweet, warm aroma greeted you. You saw Diluc already there. Did he arrive just before you? Because he would have already finished half of the food by the time you arrive.

You smiled and greeted, anxiety still lingering around as you masked it well.

"Good morning, Young Master,”

"Good morning," Diluc said, as he looked at you picking up the spoon from his plate.

"How was your sleep?"

"Certainly peaceful," he replied as he looked at you for a second before continuing what he had paused. It somehow made you happy because he didn’t look at you with annoyance.

It felt like the breakfast was not as awkward as you expected it to be. The maids smiled at each other.

There was silence except for the clanking sound of crockeries, you smiled at him as he glanced at you

There was silence except for the clanking sound of crockeries, you smiled at him as he glanced at you. Anyone can recognize that he is a noble child, the way he eats with the proper mannaism.

Diluc had his breakfast and stood up as you continued eating, not glancing at him. His maid cleared her throat as Diluc got down his seat.

He stopped on his way for a while, as you pretended not to notice any of it.

"Is Young Lady's schedule empty in the evening by chance?" Diluc said, diverting his eyes around the room,

Your eyes nearly widened but you were quick to hide it when you heard him say that, and you slowly turned to look at him.

His eyes met yours when he said the last word.

"Is there any problem that I am not aware of?"

"No, there isn't any problem; I will see Young Lady there," Diluc said, his voice almost like a whisper. It must be the two of them. You sigh as you watch the maids smiling at you.

You saw him as he walked out of the room, surprised, it made you smiled. His pace was faster than normal; is he shy or displeased?

“Sure”

You wondered,

Is he changing even just a little towards you?

As you sit there, one thought crosses your mind; you don't want him to end up as a villain. How much of the book will change if he is not the villain?

A certain gloom covered your face as you ate.

Diluc could be one of the main characters and contribute to the development of the protagonists. If you try to change your relationship with Diluc, it could impact his destiny greatly, and if you don't, you die and maybe come back again. What should you do? On one side, you were not aware and scared of how much the future could change from the novel and you would walk in the uncertain path, not knowing how everything will unfold.

You walked towards your room after breakfast, occasionally looking down and your fingers going cold.

What if everything was a dream?, you live in that previous world and Diluc killing you, all of that. What if everything was a nightmare? But you REMEMBER THE FEELING OF EVERYTHING YOU WENT THROUGH AND EVERYTHING IS JUST THE WAY U READ THE NOVEL TO BE !. That's not what happens if it was just a dream; you hide your hands between the ruffles of your dress to not let anyone catch on to your anxiety. Everything feels like a maze. If being transmigrated is true, then why do you come back each time you die?

As you covered your face, you laid down on the bed. The covers were soft against your body, yet you were uncomfortable, your mind full of unsettling thoughts.
Everything was clouding, and all the memories made it difficult for you to remember things in detail. Whatever is reality and whatever is imaginary.

“I do me," you whispered. You are tired and don't want to run anymore. You are going to confront it. Whoever that is, and whatever that is.

You were going to keep a good relationship with all the characters, and then no one would try to kill you. You punched your hands in the air, trying not to laugh. You are quite smart.

Your maid stole glances at you, wondering why you were smiling like that. Did you think of something mischievous again?.