𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16

Zhongli's uncle was confused when he realised that Zhongli was offering him flowers.

"Are they for me? Thank you", he took the flowers from the boy after a long pause, puzzled.

"I heard that His Highness made a friend",

The rumours have been circulating around the palace discussing that, 'what a girl of high society would benefit from befriending a Crown Prince who might be deserted soon'.

"Yes, I suppose so. I don't know if she considers me as her friend", Zhongli looks down at the thought.

A girl? Why would a girl...?

"What is the Lady's name?", The man questioned the Crown Prince with suspicion.

"Lady Wolfe, she is Duke Cassian's daughter",

In Contrast to his uncle's expression Zhongli bloomed with happiness at the mere mention of his new friend.

Zhongli's uncle who has taken the role of his nephew's mentor, his face twisted when the Crown Prince took Wolfe Duchy's name. He couldn't help but be sceptical about the whole situation.

Duke Cassian has never shown any interest in politics unless it concerns him so letting his only daughter meet a Prince is a big deal for everyone.

If the Empress sent this person,

No that could never happen, why would she let that girl child meet Zhongli, that woman would be scared to death if Wolfe Duchy starts to support the Crown Prince but that woman can never be trusted.

What if it's one of her filthy schemes?

He looked at his nephew, who was speaking about his first friend merrily.

Being friends at this age won't be of much harm.

Since the young boy gets worried, wanting to know what his mistakes are and how he may correct them.

'Why don't I have any friends like the second prince?'

'Is there anything lacking in me?'

How could he possibly tell his nephew to not talk to this friend of his?

She is going to leave him in the near future anyways.

"Alright, it's good to hear that. Now let's begin our session", he sighs and wears a strict demeanor.

Zhongli slowly brings out a wooden sword nervously, afraid of his uncle's reaction.

"Where is the sword I gave you?", The man clicked his tongue.

He grabbed Zhongli's hand and started out, to his surprise the boy didn't move with a fearful expression and stayed glued to the ground.

"We must retrieve it! Do you not understand what position you are in right now!? You are this away from getting erased", the man shouted at the boy with his face contorted with rage and clenched jaw.

"I......I am sorry...I don't know, what should I do?",

When the man realised what his outburst caused, he got down on his knees.

With whatever happened to his sister, he couldn't let the Young Prince die in the same way, the throne rightfully belongs to him.

"Zhongli, remember my words. Anything that Empress gives, don't take it. Anything that she asks for, don't give it. If you want to survive you must be invincible, you must live by defeating your enemies",

***

"It looks like Young Master has something to say", Diluc's maid asked when she saw Diluc opening his mouth to say something but didn't.

"Lady Y/N, what kind of person is she?",

The young maid chuckled at the question, seeing two young adorable kids fighting.

"At first Princess Y/N was a troublesome child, I remember seeing Princess throwing fits every now and then. But now I think Princess has reflected on her behaviour as she grows up to be a mature Lady. In reality Princess cares a lot about Young Master and Princess was very eager to meet Young Master. I wonder why-",

She stopped speaking when she realised that she might disrespect the Princess if she spoke more than needed.

She looked at Diluc who turned his head to other direction not believing whatever his maid was addressing, thinking of them as some nonsense.

Does she even want to change? She is a spoiled kid at her best. Who thinks everyone is wrong but her.

She looks down on people for being weak, merely forgetting that backing down is a form of respect.

"Princess asks if Young Master eats well or not, occasionally questioning if Young Master's health is good and if anyone is bothering Young Master",

Diluc immediately looked at her, who will bother him more than you did?.

The maid nervously giggled as she recalled all the past events of Princess bullying Diluc. It was certainly a hell of a ride, no one informed the Duke about Princess' behaviour.

"According to me, the Young Master should give the Princess a chance to repent and forgive her. Princess wants to change, please give her a chance. Princess Y/N even brought Young Master's favourite food for Young Master to cheer up", she said confidently.

"So does, Young Master forgive the Princess?",

"Yes", Diluc looked down. Your efforts to change was impressive to him and didn't go unnoticed.

Those days when he was sick you constantly brought yourself to visit him, despite him ignoring you, when no one did.

He should have understood that you are younger than him and should have been more patient with you instead of resenting you.

In the gloomy room, the flowers you brought shined brighter.

"Won't she hate me by now?. Anyone will get tired of me after all this",

"Princess will be the most happiest one to know Young Master's answer, why not put some effort from Young Master's side, there is no harm in trying",

"Tell me what does Princess likes to eat?",

Diluc wondered if a broken relationship can ever be mended again.

If only there were more people like you.

He wondered how longer it will last.

"Yes Young Master",

She smiled at the child, both of them didn't get enough love from their parents, so they seeked comfort in each other, unconsciously resenting another when they received otherwise.