Campaign Begins

"I love Ruby. It's not lust. I love Ruby. It's not lust vibav", Indrarjun repeated this statement, in a murmuring voice like a mantra in his sleep. But his murmuring sound irritated Ruby's deep sleep. She shouted on him and ordered him to sleep silently or to get lost somewhere else. This made Indrarjun to awake from his dream talk. He knows very well that Ruby hates to get disturbed during sleep. But today he got offended by her rudeness for the first time. He composed himself and tried different positions to sleep, but couldn't sleep. Everytime he tried different positions to sleep,Vibav's voice would automatically echo loudly in his mind. He tried closing his ears, eyes with his tough hands, but nothing worked. The worst part he tried was, he glued his brown orbs to the wall poster, as if he was in search of something. But all those efforts went in vein. As the time moved his mental dilemma regarding love and lust intensified.

But Indrarjun is a very practical person. According to him confusion leads to disaster. Right now any disaster would destroy his career. For him career is above every other feelings. He has sacrificed a lot to be in this position today. So he got up from his bed and went outside for a jog, though the time was 3am. Even the dark atmosphere, cold climate and continuous drizzling did not stop him from jogging. Amid his agressive jog a reminder popped out from his mobile. He stopped his jog and cursed himself for forgetting this important event. He immediately rushed to Ruby's appartment to pick his house keys. He took the keys without disturbing her sleep. He ignited his car and sped his car in a lightening speed. He reached his home in a fraction of minutes. When he opened the door he noticed his dad at the entrance. Before his dad could start his advice, he hopped to his room ignoring his dad. He shut the door with a loud thud, to stop his dad from approaching him. The relationship between father and son is not great. They hardly speak or see each other. The reason between their gap is, due to lack of proper communication and lots of misunderstanding. His dad also stopped trying to improve the strained relationship. He has left it upto the time, as he believes time is the best healer.

Today Webgiant's auditorium was completely packed with people. Every chair was occupied in the auditorium. People from every department had assembled for an important event. The event is named as "Campaign Begins". The campaign is conducted, as a part of protocol, to select the best person for the CEO's position. Only two people are in the race till now. One is Indrarjun and another his arch rival Vicky. After Vibav's retirement, Arvind found only these two lads as suitable for the position. According to Arvind, these two lads joined at the beginning of their carrier and also contributed a lot to the company, with their hard & smart work. So that's the reason for selecting them for this position.

At present every one's eyes was glued on Indrarjun's presentation. His clean shaven face, the smoky brown eyes, his gelled hair, his slim-fit white crisp shirt accompanied by black trousers added confidence to his words. He had a confident smile on his face, while delivering his agenda. His coughlin and Rolex added extra grace to his body language. People were so impressed with his ongoing presentation, as his promise looked so genuine and practical too. Though Indrarjun is rude in behaviour, but he is also an intelligent ,sincere and hardworking in nature. He always kept up his promises, related to work life. When it comes to work no one has any complaints against him. He completed his effective speech and every soul clapped whole heartedly and some even cheered for him. While descending from stage, his brown orbs looked at Vicky in a challenging manner, as if asking him to prove his capacity on stage.

On the other hand Vicky is soft spoken and understanding in nature. He is quite humble respectful and mainly doesn't hold grudges against anyone. He always dresses up in a simple manner. He prefers to wear loose fit attires as he is more comfortable in them. He is married to his sweetheart friend. As every human has a defect, he to suffers from a physical defect. He is crippled and needs a hand stick as a support to walk. But the disability has not stopped him from achieving his goal. Today once again he managed to climb the dias without anyone's support. The dias height was not disabled friendly. But he handled the situation so gracefully. Infact His good morning wishes created energetic atmosphere in the auditorium. He spoke from his heart making people comfortable. He did not use magical words or magical agenda. His only agenda was, "if the company grows everyone grows". It was a direct assurance that people will get rewarded for their work. His simple words impressed Indrarjun too. Indrarjun was shocked with Vicky's presentation cause he underestimated him. When Vicky completed his speech their was pindrop silence. Vicky was confused with the audiance silence reaction. But when he descended the stage every person, including Indrarjun stood up to clap in a synchronised manner creating goosebumps. It showed that people were equally impressed with his speech.

After the event Indrarjun was not happy about his performance on stage. He wanted to be the centre of attraction. But today Vicky became a star. He couldn't understand how Vicky's simple words, clothes and gesture created impression on the audiance. Somewhere Indrarjun's ego was hurt. On the pretext to remove his unhappiness, he smoked continuously a pack within few minutes. He quickly completed his work and started towards his house. Usually he never goes to his house directly. He usually drops Ruby at her appartment and then spend some quality time with her, later he would return to his home. But today he was not in his best mind. The synchronised clap, the appreciation played in his mind. Today Vicky's excellent presentation was actually making him go mad. He left the office without informing Ruby. In other words today he ignored Ruby as he didn't want her to see his failure, fatigued, frustrated face.

When he reached his home his dad was still in house, waiting for him. His dad wanted to speak to him something important. Seeing his father, Indrarjun pinched his nose bridge and cursed in a low voice.

"I heard it Indrarjun", his father said in a disappointed voice.

"Then why are you still here Mr parthasarthy. Why don't you just leave my house? Please go back to your mansion. I don't require you any more", Indrarjun said in a irritated voice, his hands busy folding the crisp white sleeves of his shirt.

"This time I have come to stay for a long time. No matter how much you humiliate,I will not leave your house. I will go once I complete your marriage, with girl of my choice", his father said in a determined voice.

"Who said I am not ready for marriage. I already informed you that I am getting married to Ruby next month and not to any dumb girl of your choice. Very soon will issue you an invitation. Now it's your choice to attend or not to attend", he said it in his usual attitude voice.

"I am talking about marriage not some business deal Indrarjun. I know the so called benefits you and Ruby are sharing. You are in a stage ,where you won't understand the value of marriage. So it's my duty and I challenge you that I will get you married to Saraswathi only, as she is only suitable partner for you", he said and went to his room in a gentle manner.

********************

Sorry for the delay in publishing the chapters.